Mountain lion pic (new pic)

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
My brother got a new cell cam. Its not very far from the location of the first pic in this thread.

IMG_0570.jpg

Theturtle

BANNED
No if you ask anybody there’s black ones roaming all over even though no black cougar has even been seen as far as I know.. I could swear I saw a brown one when I was about fifteen I can play it back in my head and still can’t think of anything else with that tail..

nmurph

I don't know how old you are, but there was one that came through Bulloch County in the early 90s while I was living there. He had a collar and the DNR tracked him and he was removed.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
I don't know how old you are, but there was one that came through Bulloch County in the early 90s while I was living there. He had a collar and the DNR tracked him and he was removed.
That was a male cat from Texas that had been released near Live Oak Florida, one of a number, to see if the habitat could support a population of Florida Panthers. It spent a good bit of time on Ft. Stewart. One was over in the SWGA area between the Flint and the Chattahoochee. It was caught by DNR after a short while and taken back to the Live Oak area.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That was a male cat from Texas that had been released near Live Oak Florida, one of a number, to see if the habitat could support a population of Florida Panthers. It spent a good bit of time on Ft. Stewart. One was over in the SWGA area between the Flint and the Chattahoochee. It was caught by DNR after a short while and taken back to the Live Oak area.

Here`s Cuz (you know him) with T43 right after they tranqed him to carry him back to Florida. He was a fair size tom.

Cuz and T43.jpg

Wifeshusband

They're out there, alright. How many hunters have seen a skunk while hunting? Been hunting nearly 50 years and have seen only 1 skunk in
the woods. Smelled quite a few, but have only seen one while hunting.

rosewood

They're out there, alright. How many hunters have seen a skunk while hunting? Been hunting nearly 50 years and have seen only 1 skunk in
Never seen a live skunk in my life I don't think. Seen plenty of dead ones on the road though. Been in the woods since I was big enough to walk. They are a lot smaller than mountain lions though.

Just wondering, of all the "black panther sightings" does anyone ever think to go to where they saw it and look for prints? A good print would be a pretty good confirmation of a cat for sure and a good indication of size.

Rosewood

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen hundreds or thousands of them. Literally. Very few days around here that I don't see at least one somewhere.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I've seen and killed dozens in a couple of seasons at one of our deer leases in TX.

Land owner ask us to thin them down a bit.

Yup, I got sprayed and learned you are better off just burning your cloths if the yellow juice gets on ya.

A little dab will do you!

nmurph

I've seen hundreds or thousands of them. Literally. Very few days around here that I don't see at least one somewhere.

Do you have many armadillos? Skunks were very common around here when I was growing up, you saw as many skunks as you did raccoons or possums. Now, there are a rarity and I don't see one dead or alive per year. The armadillos simply out-compete them.

Latest posts