My Cancer Story (Update at bottom)

Arrow3

You are in our thoughts and prayers....

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

I will pray tonight for your physical healing, the healing of your spirit, and the healing of your relationship. May God do all three that you may know Jesus is Lord of your Life!

marknga

GONetwork Member
Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
I believe that your post will help someone else who is facing these
type of challenges.

Mark

Wornout Trails

God Loves You!

Jeep: You are in our prayers! God bless you and your family! Call me ANYTIME you feel like company! W.T.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Chemo side effects can last for years or forever the sensitivity to cold doesn't go away very much from my personal experience- numbness in the hands/fingers and feet and toes also doesn't go away but becomes manageable except in real cold weather( makes deer hunting in the winter a lost cause)--PM me if you want to talk- colon cancer twice- 4 rounds of chemo 4 months each time- surgery X3 --eddy m RN

lake hartwell

Man I hate that for you. I have had cancer 3 times but not as tough to treat as yours it sounds. The above comments are correct. You can and will be better but it is a rather long road. I had always been a Christian but it clearly brought me closer to our Lord. I know it is easy for me to say and harder than it sounds but focus on your family and your Lord. There is life after cancer. May God Bless and keep you and your family thru this.
L.H.

marknga

GONetwork Member
"The one thing I left out of the original post was how awesome my wife has been. She is literally raising 2 children at once. She does everything. Down to my pills to flushing my tubes everyday.

I had a Dr.s appointment yesterday and got some bad news. I have an obstruction in my small intestine. I had an idea of this but never said anything. I had 3 choices. Have an endoscopy with biopsy, if it is cancer there was nothing they could do, if it was scare tissue they wanted to suck all the bile out of my stomach for 3 days and and i couldn't eat or drink for 3 days (torture), so I chose hospice. I have ended treatments and start hospice this week.

GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers sent.

Last edited:

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Through all this, your attitude seems amazing, you are in my thoughts and I hope for your quick recovery.

BowArrow

Jeep

I have some idea of what you have been thru as I had a stem cell transplant at Emory on December 2005. I was in the hospital for two months taking chemo plus one month as an outpatient at Emory. I had Mantel Cell Lyphoma in the fourth stage. I was sixty-seven years old at the time which made it rough although I was in excellent shape. Before I recovered from the transplant, my wife fell in the bathroom and broke her neck. She lived twelve days and passed away July 22, 2006. A few days before my wife fell, I had an outbreak of shingles which are still painful three years later. All of this happened in one year.

I know you have ask,WHY ME, as I did. My wife,faith and church family kept me going in the tough times. I can not explain why good people go thru tough times and I do not believe anybody can. I will be praying for you as I can relate to you.

Charle Howard

contender*

Jeep,
I have no idea what you are going through but then again from an "outside looking in" prospective I do. Last week my Dad just chose (or had it chosen for him) to do the same thing you decided to do yesterday. He has appendix cancer and went through all the chemo treatments, pokes, probes, tests, and hospital stays. The doc finally decided two weeks ago that nothing is working and hospice has been called in. It's really tough for me to watch a perfectly healthy man deteriorate down to nothing in less than a year.
"God is in control" of all our lives and there are reasons for everything, although we will more than likely never know the reasons. I'll add you and your family to my prayers. ::;

Lorri

Wow ou have been through so much. Prayers for you and your family. God Bless You and Your Family.

Goatwoman

Prayers

Prayers are sent . God will hear these prayers and begin to work. My dad and my husband have had cancer .My husband is now a cancer survivor ( 18 yrs. ). Praying that God will be with you and your family .

Chris S.

Fight back brother,I am praying for you as well.

Nitro

Banned
Prayers sent to you this AM, Jeep.

If you read this, I hope you are comfortable and that your family is OK. God Bless you in this time of need.