New deer rifle?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I had an AR15 fail, so my bff gave me his .308 savage axis, and bought himself an upgraded similar gun. I’ve shot mine at one nice hog and it was DRT! I love it! I can even see it hit the target and not blink….well usually :cool:

Dub

I picked up a savage axis in 6.5 CM with a 3x9 Weaver scope, lite and by far the most accurate rifle I have. It does like the heavier rounds though @ 140 gain and all were touching, tried the 129 deer season and the group opened way up.

Have you had any luck finding hunting ammo in 140gr ?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Yeah, just picked up some Hornady ELDX at a local shop, had quite a bit in stock, $40 a box.

Reactions: Dub

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Seen the 143-gr Hornady Precision Hunter at the Lawrenceville Bass Pro and Academy stores reasonably frequently lately. See it and several other options in that weight range staying in stock online, too (Bud's, MidwayUSA, Federal website, etc). Pricey anywhere, but that's how it goes lately I reckon.

Reactions: Dub

DynamicDennis

I’ve got a couple of Kimbers. My advice would be to avoid them totally.
The best rifle hands down most accurate rifle money can buy would be a custom Mcwhorter made right here in Georgia . First time I shot it was dead on at 700 yards. You are good out to a 1,000 yards. Setup with a good Swarovski scope will run you right around 10k. Will be the last rifle you’ll ever need to by and can hunt any big game in North America .

rattlesnake1

The best rifle hands down most accurate rifle money can buy would be a custom Mcwhorter made right here in Georgia . First time I shot it was dead on at 700 yards. You are good out to a 1,000 yards. Setup with a good Swarovski scope will run you right around 10k. Will be the last rifle you’ll ever need to by and can hunt any big game in North America .
what caliber and bullet weight are you shooting?

DynamicDennis

300 mag, I don't remember the weight right off. They send the rifle home with 100rds of there custom loaded ammo