New to the area - Intro

Wanted to introduce myself as I've been lurking for a few months. I moved my family to Dacula last September from Colorado. Married, I have a son, age 21 and a daughter age 16.

I grew up fly fishing in CO with my dad and brother. I took hunter safety with my son when he was 10 and we have learned to hunt together. We pride ourselves on public land hunting and have successfully taken elk and deer during archery season. We were fortunate enough to have been invited to rifle hunt in NE for whitetail and a trip to OK for a hog hunt. I was also fortunate enough to help two buddies on their moose hunts...back to back weekends! Packing a moose out of the woods was a heck of a lot of work!!

Moving to GA has been a crazy adventure as once we arrived I was traveling the SE (8 states) for work. This didn't allow much time to get out and explore our new state. So, I resigned from that position and started a new job that allows me to only cover GA. My excitement and anticipation is through the roof right now!

My son and I have been fishing a few times and have had fun learning to bass fish. But...this week he was adamant that we hunt this fall.

Since we moved here the first week of Sept we missed archery hunting in CO and couldn't dedicate time here to get into the woods. I am excited to now have the time to explore GA and do some scouting this summer.

I look forward to reading the forum and am always glad to meet up with folk to gain knowledge and share hunting and fishing stories!

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG953059.jpg
    IMG953059.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG953712.jpg
    IMG953712.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG950075.jpg
    IMG950075.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Resized_20190914_081413.jpeg
    Resized_20190914_081413.jpeg
    839.4 KB · Views: 35

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the fire !!!

You have come to a great place to share knowledge and gain knowledge as well.
Join in and don’t believe everything you read here ;)

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome to The Campfire!

Baroque Brass

Welcome to the great state of Georgia and to the campfire. I‘m way down in the Southwest corner but give me a shout if you’re down this way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Welcome

Dove season will be here before you know it

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Welcome to the ten month free sauna courtesy of the state of Georgia. We won’t charge extra for that.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Welcome ! Great place here that you’ve found .