Nitrogen

Help me out.

Liquid? Pellets? How much per ac.? I know to put it on before a rain, but I have a 40 gallon sprayer I could use, I am just concerned about about corrosion.

Plots are oats, wheat, rye, winter peas and rape. Do I need nitrogen with peas?

wtruax

Great question that I need to know also! Can I highjack this thread (sorry) and add a question that if clover was also added in the mix would it need nitrogen or a certain fertilizer?

Cwill15

Great question that I need to know also! Can I highjack this thread (sorry) and add a question that if clover was also added in the mix would it need nitrogen or a certain fertilizer?
Clover typically won't provide nitrogen until some of the roots have died

(y)

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Are you asking for post #85 here?

https://forum.gon.com/threads/t-p-s-7th-annual-food-plot-prep-picture-thread.971587/page-5

If so, I think it looks nice and green, but a close up pick would help some more.

How much fertilizer did you put down at your time of planting and what date did you plant?

"Oats, Wheat, Rye, Rape, Clover and Winter peas". If you put fertilizer down at planting time, your clover and peas appreciated it, but they don't need any more. They are making their own right now, for their own use, assuming they were inoculated. Cwill is right, that the majority of nitrogen, from clover and peas will be released when it dies.

Fertilizer for clover is 0-20-20 if you can find it. If you can't, something like 8-24-24 will work, but whatever you find, having a "low" first number would be important. Why, because excess nitrogen will promote grass growing.

Are you asking for post #85 here?

https://forum.gon.com/threads/t-p-s-7th-annual-food-plot-prep-picture-thread.971587/page-5

If so, I think it looks nice and green, but a close up pick would help some more.

How much fertilizer did you put down at your time of planting and what date did you plant?

"Oats, Wheat, Rye, Rape, Clover and Winter peas". If you put fertilizer down at planting time, your clover and peas appreciated it, but they don't need any more. They are making their own right now, for their own use, assuming they were inoculated. Cwill is right, that the majority of nitrogen, from clover and peas will be released when it dies.

Fertilizer for clover is 0-20-20 if you can find it. If you can't, something like 8-24-24 will work, but whatever you find, having a "low" first number would be important. Why, because excess nitrogen will promote grass growing.

Thank you sir! I put 600 lbs of 10-10-10 it is right at 2 ac. I also had it limed last year.

Planted the first weekend in October.

Thank you again!

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I think you did good! If you planted in October, the fertilizer is still working and you will get more growth from it.

north_ga fireman

we have a clover only and fertilized with 0-20-20 and used a half bag of nitrogen with 200 lbs of triple 10 makes it look very green and full