Not hating, just saying. Too much Cami-Cam juice

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Where did I say I liked TO or 85? I said they are entertainers and I like watching all types of player ON THE FIELD. You are the best at putting words in peoples mouths. And I'm not saying people here are up in arms, I'm talking about the sports writers who wrote those stories. That guy in the second article seemed pretty fired up.

Ok. When you referenced them as "entertainers" and said that you enjoyed watching both types, I didn't think it was such a leap to think that meant that you liked them. I don't understand how i put any words in your mouth. You like this sort of thing then you have that right. I don't like it at all. I' ve said so, so there is nothing much left to say about it.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I admit I am partial to both the talkers and the doers. But for Cam, too many eyes on him right now. He should just shut up and play.

It really depends on who it is.. Like SGD said, he forgot that AJ ran his mouth. He, and many others, will not forget that Cam ran his.Im actually Ok with the Ocho and TO show on and off the field. Both are great receivers and have shown that. On the other hand, I would not want to be eithers team mate

Poor Cam. Bless his heart. Everybody is so unfair to him.:D

A.J. shouldn't have said what he said. A.J. also doesn't have quite the history that Newton has. So it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
And the fact that you like those two idiots Owens and Johnson tells me what I already knew.

I like this article.

http://www.sbnation.com/hamsandwich...has-got-his-nfl-combine-swagger-on-a-trillion

Cam Newton, when asked by USA TODAY Tuesday whether he has any preferences about which NFL team might draft him -- like whether he'd care whether a team plays indoors or out -- says it's all about speed: "The ideal situation is drafting Cam Newton as quickly and fast as possible.... Do I care where I go? No."

Nitram4891

Flop Thief

A.J. shouldn't have said what he said. A.J. also doesn't have quite the history that Newton has. So it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

Yeah AJ actually was rulled ineligible (by suspension) for 4 games...:rofl:

LanierSpots

No my meaning. I am saying, when you are in the news everyday. Whether it is good or bad. Keep your mouth shut. Let your work do your talking because everyone will remember it more..

Just like if AJ would have ran his mouth more when he was suspended by the NCAA for breaking the rules, everyone would have remembered it more. :biggrin2:

DSGB

thought this was appropriate

10 Fundamental Tips to Avoid Reputation Implosion

1. Be accountable. Show up for work. Cal Ripken, Jr. did it everyday for more than a decade. So unless you have a truly legitimate reason for not being at the office, you can show up for “voluntary” off-season workouts. Especially if you are making more money in one season than the majority of hard working people in this country (let alone the world) will make in a lifetime.
2. Show some integrity. Take pride in what you do. Stop putting yourself above the team and if you don’t have anything positive to say about a teammate (or former teammate), don’t say anything (e.g., DeSean Jackson). Calling someone else out publicly in the media, especially after they’ve been traded is pathetic and it makes the individual calling out the other person look ridiculous. Especially when that individual has only spoken highly of you and the team.
3. Recognize that although you have been blessed with a gift your talent is not a license for you to act like an idiot. Respect your talent, the game, your organization and the league (e.g., Albert Haynesworth) The opportunity you have been given is NOT a right. It is a privilege.
4. Make good decisions. Period. The recent alleged criminal actions of Ben Roethlisberger and Lawrence Taylor and the ensuing reputation implosions they are experiencing can all be traced back to the root cause of not exercising good judgment. No amount of media training or crisis management can fix what is commonly known as “bad decision making” or BDM for short!
5. Nothing good happens after midnight. Go home. And lose the entourage. Here’s a hint: guns, alcohol and strip clubs don’t mix. Especially in Vegas (e.g., Adam “Pacman” Jones).
6. If you mess up (and you will) and get into trouble, work immediately toward positive solutions. Don’t be arrogant about it, shift the blame, point the finger, etc. Find and understand the root cause of the problem and work toward fixing it.
7. Operate with integrity. Do your job. You are getting paid handsomely to do a job many would love to have the chance to do. So do your job, or at least act like you’re trying.
8. Establish yourself as someone with character beyond reproach. Don’t play the role of the victim.
9. Commit to being a professional. JaMarcus Russell essentially took $39 million from the Raiders and delivered nothing in return. Nothing. Granted there are a lot of people and reasons behind arguably the biggest NFL draft bust of all time, but for $39 million, is it too much to ask that you come to work physically fit, focused, ready to play, able to stay awake in meetings, and give it everything you’ve got? Another little hint from Captain Obvious over here: IT IS YOUR JOB! MAKE LIKE NIKE AND “JUST DO IT!”
10. Lose the sense of entitlement and “me-first” way of thinking. NOW. It is old, played out and stinks.

Funny. These rules seem to apply across the board in any profession. So, as a collegiate, amateur or professional athlete, understand they apply to you as well.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
No my meaning. I am saying, when you are in the news everyday. Whether it is good or bad. Keep your mouth shut. Let your work do your talking because everyone will remember it more..

Just like if AJ would have ran his mouth more when he was suspended by the NCAA for breaking the rules, everyone would have remembered it more. :biggrin2:

Oh I don't think anybody has forgotten his suspension. As for the rest, i agree.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Yeah AJ actually was rulled ineligible (by suspension) for 4 games...:rofl:

You're the funniest guy that you know. Look man, if you like "entertainers" help yourself. I like to see grown men act like grown men myself. But I guess people tend to like for athletes to exhitbit the traits that they think are important. I do. And I guess you do too. We just have totally different views on what is acceptable.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
10 Fundamental Tips to Avoid Reputation Implosion

1. Be accountable. Show up for work. Cal Ripken, Jr. did it everyday for more than a decade. So unless you have a truly legitimate reason for not being at the office, you can show up for “voluntary” off-season workouts. Especially if you are making more money in one season than the majority of hard working people in this country (let alone the world) will make in a lifetime.
2. Show some integrity. Take pride in what you do. Stop putting yourself above the team and if you don’t have anything positive to say about a teammate (or former teammate), don’t say anything (e.g., DeSean Jackson). Calling someone else out publicly in the media, especially after they’ve been traded is pathetic and it makes the individual calling out the other person look ridiculous. Especially when that individual has only spoken highly of you and the team.
3. Recognize that although you have been blessed with a gift your talent is not a license for you to act like an idiot. Respect your talent, the game, your organization and the league (e.g., Albert Haynesworth) The opportunity you have been given is NOT a right. It is a privilege.
4. Make good decisions. Period. The recent alleged criminal actions of Ben Roethlisberger and Lawrence Taylor and the ensuing reputation implosions they are experiencing can all be traced back to the root cause of not exercising good judgment. No amount of media training or crisis management can fix what is commonly known as “bad decision making” or BDM for short!
5. Nothing good happens after midnight. Go home. And lose the entourage. Here’s a hint: guns, alcohol and strip clubs don’t mix. Especially in Vegas (e.g., Adam “Pacman” Jones).
6. If you mess up (and you will) and get into trouble, work immediately toward positive solutions. Don’t be arrogant about it, shift the blame, point the finger, etc. Find and understand the root cause of the problem and work toward fixing it.
7. Operate with integrity. Do your job. You are getting paid handsomely to do a job many would love to have the chance to do. So do your job, or at least act like you’re trying.
8. Establish yourself as someone with character beyond reproach. Don’t play the role of the victim.
9. Commit to being a professional. JaMarcus Russell essentially took $39 million from the Raiders and delivered nothing in return. Nothing. Granted there are a lot of people and reasons behind arguably the biggest NFL draft bust of all time, but for $39 million, is it too much to ask that you come to work physically fit, focused, ready to play, able to stay awake in meetings, and give it everything you’ve got? Another little hint from Captain Obvious over here: IT IS YOUR JOB! MAKE LIKE NIKE AND “JUST DO IT!”
10. Lose the sense of entitlement and “me-first” way of thinking. NOW. It is old, played out and stinks.

Funny. These rules seem to apply across the board in any profession. So, as a collegiate, amateur or professional athlete, understand they apply to you as well.

Great post. I agree. maybe Nitram can get together in Atlanta with some of his favorite "entertainers" and they can make it rain in da club.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
You're the funniest guy that you know. Look man, if you like "entertainers" help yourself. I like to see grown men act like grown men myself. But I guess people tend to like for athletes to exhitbit the traits that they think are important. I do. And I guess you do too. We just have totally different views on what is acceptable.

Nothing wrong with some trash talk if you can back it up. Michael Jordan comes to mind.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Nothing wrong with some trash talk if you can back it up. Michael Jordan comes to mind.

So now we are comparing a guy who has yet to be even drafted by a professional sports team to a man who was without a doubt the greatest to ever play his respective sport.:crazy:

And as great as MJ was, I don't ever remember him telling the media that he wanted to be an icon or an entertainer. He worked his butt off and became the best to ever play while staying relatively quiet about it. Trash talk was saved for the court.

He certainly didn't say anything that stupid coming out of North Carolina.

I grew up watching Michael Jordan and Cammie Cam Cams aint a thing like Michael Jordan.

LanierSpots

So who blew the pooch more.

The Icon of The Legend?

I got to say, The Icon.

Shut up Cam and throw the ball

maker4life

The name Brian Bosworth comes to mind after reading that .

Dudley Do-Wrong

Post modern twaddle.

I guess it boils down to two totally different mindsets. Call me old fashioned but I am of the school of thought that you don't run your mouth about how great you are. If you are really good, everyone will know it and they will say it. You don't brag. Small people who don't have a whole lot of character brag and call attention to themselves and their accomplishments. I prefer Roger Marris who ran around the bases with his head down, clearly humbled by what he had done to Barry Bonds running his mouth about how good he was and how much he had "gone through" (yes I realize Marris's record had been broken before Bonds set the current "record")

I prefer the Patriots and Steelers approach, show up, play football, work hard, and win to the Jets and Ravens, run your mouth and tell everybody all about it style.

I'm a relatively young guy (33) but I don't like or acceopt the "Nu school" mentality, or genreation Y mentality or whatever these spoiled brats are a part of.

That is one thing I will give Tim Tebow. The guy made everybody look stupid and he did it with class. never once talking about how good he was and how good he was going to be.

You're a Tech fan, Calvin Johson is another model for how it is done. Unbelieveable skills, and unbelieveable maturity and class.

Newton is a punk. If you boys like this sort of thing and think it is just "speaking the truth" or "speaking their mind" then whatever. But don't turn around and complain about how "thuggish" sports are getting and how players think they are owed something as soon as they come into the league.

I'm guessing you also think that coaches like Belachic, Tomlin, and Coghlin should try to "relate" to younger players and let them "show their personality."

I absolutely agree; looks like Cammy sure thinks a lot of himself. He didn't say he wants to be an entertainer and an icon, he already thinks of himself as one. My o my, and he hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL and he is already an icon.

hotdawg

its easy to picture him saying these things. it was evident in the games i saw him play in, he thought the game was all about cam.

remember him running to the sidelines and grinning and accepting all the praise. he seemed to think he was the only player on auburn's team.

i wasnt sure i should laugh or be nauseated at the boy.

bugeye1

In case some of you have not figured it out yet, he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Great athlete, but DUMB!

x-mark

I just don't like that guy.

Not because Im a Dawg and aubarn beat us this year, plenty of other teams did.....ex colorado. So that aint it.

I hate the gators yet, I liked Tim Tebow.....
I hate the vols, yet I liked Payton Manning......
As a kid I loved Bo Jackson.
With age I have even came to like the "ol ball coach"

Cam is a complete scum-bag. No surprise there.:huh:

What I am suprised of is, all you auburn guys,on this board and elsewhere....... unconditionaly condoning and defending this guy.

Many whom I always respected for for not acting like florida fans and feeling entitled like tha "gumps"......

I have Always been good with auburn fans until now.

What has happened to you all?

LanierSpots

I just don't like that guy.

Not because Im a Dawg and aubarn beat us this year, plenty of other teams did.....ex colorado. So that aint it.

I hate the gators yet, I liked Tim Tebow..... (He was very easy to like but I doubt you liked him that much when he was running all over Georgia.)
I hate the vols, yet I liked Payton Manning...... (Same answer as Tebow)
As a kid I loved Bo Jackson. (Same answer as Tebow)
With age I have even came to like the "ol ball coach" (IF you were a Georgia fan then, I somehow doubt it)

Cam is a complete scum-bag. No surprise there.:huh:

What I am suprised of is, all you auburn guys,on this board and elsewhere....... unconditionaly condoning and defending this guy.

Many whom I always respected for for not acting like florida fans and feeling entitled like tha "gumps"......

I have Always been good with auburn fans until now.

What has happened to you all?

In order to understand the answer to your question, you would have had to be an Auburn fan this year. Cam had a checkered past. But as far as we know, he never did anything at all wrong at Auburn. No cheating, no stolen laptops, no traffic tickets. Shut up South Ga Dawg :D

He may not be that good of a guy. Who knows really. And I really dont think most Auburn here were defending him as much as they were Auburn this year. I certainly was not. I did defend his skills. Not his character. No team has been scrutinized like that for every single thing that happened. When all of it was alleged.

I dont remember an Georgia fans who now hate AJ Green for putting himself ahead of his team and breaking the NCAA rules and basically costing his team the entire season. Did I miss that?

I have always wondered what fans, and most of them are Georgia fans asking this question, thought Auburn people were going to do when they were hit with what went on this season. "You guys are right. We suck, Cam sucks, Im changing teams? ???

Like I said, in order to understand it, you would have had to be a Auburn fan this season.

Last edited: