Not what you want to see !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Well first off my dad has been in this lease for over 30 years . It’s not the best land and I’ve tried to talk him into us finding another lease several times . And although I’ve grown up hunting this place I’m not quite as attached to it as he is . I did kill my biggest Ga buck on it and watched my little girl shoot her first deer here and I have a ton of great memories on this land . Well we kinda knew it was coming , the owner died years ago and it was left to his daughter and she cut all the timber which was really hard to watch . Now she died this past year and has two daughters and we’ve heard that they may sale it . So today I was flipping through my new GON and seen this . Headed up tomorrow to hunt a few days and fill my freezer , also have a couple friends that would love some fresh deer meat . So if you are anywhere near me this weekend you just might hear a shot or 5 . Looking forward to learning some new property and creating some new memories 4F65B2DF-28F9-4366-B5B5-722F54323415.jpeg

antharper

Staff member
My dad is there hunting now , seen 14 this morning and 4 this afternoon with one being a nice 8pt . I asked him why he didn’t shoot it and he said, I’m waiting on you to get here so you can clean him for me lol

longbowdave1

Well first off my dad has been in this lease for over 30 years . It’s not the best land and I’ve tried to talk him into us finding another lease several times . And although I’ve grown up hunting this place I’m not quite as attached to it as he is . I did kill my biggest Ga buck on it and watched my little girl shoot her first deer here and I have a ton of great memories on this land . Well we kinda knew it was coming , the owner died years ago and it was left to his daughter and she cut all the timber which was really hard to watch . Now she died this past year and has two daughters and we’ve heard that they may sale it . So today I was flipping through my new GON and seen this . Headed up tomorrow to hunt a few days and fill my freezer , also have a couple friends that would love some fresh deer meat . So if you are anywhere near me this weekend you just might hear a shot or 5 . Looking forward to learning some new property and creating some new memories View attachment 1053425
That's is bad. Hate that it will be gone for you.

antharper

Staff member
That's is bad. Hate that it will be gone for you.
It’s not all bad , I live 3.5 hrs away and would really like something closer but have never been able to talk my dad into trying a new place . And he is the main reason I hunt it still , we’ve hunted together since I could walk and don’t plan on stopping now

antharper

Staff member
If it was my last hurrah on the place, I'd make it memorable. Stack em like cord wood.
Yeah that’s kinda how I feel and also I feel like it’s not the deers fault , but I’ll bet I don’t go without deer meat this year ! And I haven’t shot a deer all season and my finger is sure itching

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
What if another timber investor buys it and y'all have a chance to keep leasing it?
But yeah I read where you were 3.5 hours away. It may be cool to have a lease closer to home if that's what ya want too.
Good luck either way ant! I've looked at your post's for years. Any property would benefit from havin you and your family.

CurLee

The 210 acre farm I grew up hunting (and working) went up for sale when I was 18. Eighteen more years later they're still slowly leveling the woods I grew up in for infrastructure and housing. It hurts.

antharper

Staff member
What if another timber investor buys it and y'all have a chance to keep leasing it?
But yeah I read where you were 3.5 hours away. It may be cool to have a lease closer to home if that's what ya want too.
Good luck either way ant! I've looked at your post's for years. Any property would benefit from havin you and your family.
Thanks seatrout , and I have heard another investor is gonna make an offer on all of it before the auction , not really sure how that works . And I really would like something closer but not to close if that makes sense

buckpasser

I’m not that far to the west. What time and where do I meet you on Saturday? I can shoot as many or as few as you’d like.

In all seriousness, good luck with the new ground that I’m sure you and your family will dominate!

furtaker

Been there. It sucks. It's one of the joys of hunting somebody else's property... it's always temporary.

3.5 hrs is a long way though. Good luck finding something else.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Well first off my dad has been in this lease for over 30 years . It’s not the best land and I’ve tried to talk him into us finding another lease several times . And although I’ve grown up hunting this place I’m not quite as attached to it as he is . I did kill my biggest Ga buck on it and watched my little girl shoot her first deer here and I have a ton of great memories on this land . Well we kinda knew it was coming , the owner died years ago and it was left to his daughter and she cut all the timber which was really hard to watch . Now she died this past year and has two daughters and we’ve heard that they may sale it . So today I was flipping through my new GON and seen this . Headed up tomorrow to hunt a few days and fill my freezer , also have a couple friends that would love some fresh deer meat . So if you are anywhere near me this weekend you just might hear a shot or 5 . Looking forward to learning some new property and creating some new memories View attachment 1053425
Man I hate to hear that. I know that sucks.