Old Timey Sayings

RUGERWARRIOR

Ill whoop a whole pen full of fellas like you and gaurd the gate at the same time.
Dryer than a popcorn poot in south Georgia in the summer time.
I bet you the last poot in a can of beans.
Hotter than 2 cats in a wool sock makin love.
Slicker than boiled okra.
Aint got no dog in that fight.
I wish I woulda been rich instead of so good lookin.(For ugly people)

Them guys at work get a kick out of my sayings at work. Thanks to this thread I got some new ones.

Last edited:

ramblinrack

one i heard after moving down to bama many yrs ago ...

"if brains were gasoline, he wouldn't have enuff to git a pis-aint's motor scooter half-way around a dadgum bb".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He or she is common. lower than snake sh----t. He is dumber than dumb. Its a Red letter day. He is livin in high cotton.I I would like to buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth. He or she is low rent.

useless as - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH - on a boar hog
I'll be darn
opposum up a gum bush
cracker jack [good at somthing]
getfromhere [one word]
shoeshow [strip club]
busy as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest
good grandits

hobbs27

My great grandpa use to cut up with kids by asking, "You from around here, or do you pick peas?"
I got civil war letters from the family, and when they invited folks over to eat a good meal the would say, "Come over and I'll tighten your belly bands".

lcopeland22

"grabbed em by the hair of the head"
an alergy or a sinus headache is just a "sinus"
a bar is a "beer joint"
and my favorite, a fly swatter is a "fly flap"

Sirduke

Blowing smoke up your butt, which I found out comes from an old medical procedure where they gave tobacco smoke enemas !

My father was a source for old sayings, one of my favorites was, "you be that end of the horse, I'll be the head"

Do it again, I didn't feel nothing, when you hit your hand or head.

Its your lie, tell it like you want to.

Sulled up like a possum with a sweet tater

He cain't help his mama and daddy ain't married

He tons of them, I've seen a lot of them already posted

Sirduke

Rather pack butter up a wildcats butt with a red hot pitchfork than mess with him.

Hotter than a two dollar pistol on a Saturday night

Madder that a wet hornet

Looks like two coons fighting in a croaker sack, describing a fat womans butt in tight clothing

You'd rather walk through a lions den in porkchop drawers

Rather walk through Hades in gasoline drawers and kerosene pants

serving1Lord

That's sharper than a chiggers digger.

waddler

Banned
After he had done got a bait of that stuff, he got shed of it.

Heard that all my life and wondered whether the "shed" was like shedding an antler or if it was "shet", a mongrelization of "shut". Most of the people I heard saying it were much exposed to the Scotch Settler ancestry, and I wondered if it could have meant "cut off from or shut away from".

Oconostota

Banned
This one drives me up the wall. Not really a saying, but rather a single word. Not just old timers, but pretty much everyone.

"My starter needs a new silenoid", is how it's almost always pronounced.

It's "solenoid", folks. That's an O, not an I, after the S. Where in the heck does the typical pronunciation come from?

It's pronounced "saulenoyd".

waddler

Banned
Try TY-YOTA!

:D

Oconostota

Banned
"Put a scotch under that wheel, so the truck don't roll".

hmmmm - a chock is a scotch?

I guess that's from when most folks carried a bottle of scotch under the seat, and whipped it out to chock the wheel. :D

waddler

Banned
Is it pronounced that way in Japan? I have never been there.

Latest posts