One of the main reasons college ball is not as good as the NFL

Look at the tv ratings. The Thursday night NFL opener(which was a sucky game) had a higher tv rating than the college football national championship game... for a regular season game. It ain’t only the yanks making up them numbers.

TV Ratings?? I'll tell you why the TV ratings are high. Cause there is nothing else on TV! Last night was a prime example.. Sunday night football and nothing else on. Thursday was the same way. Put on something besides re-runs of Law and Order that are 10 years old and the NFL loses.

Heck, I watched Bunker Hill again last night cause there wasn't anything else to watch.

The NFL is a joke!

stringmusic

How do you figure the Falcons aren't a dumpster fire?
They are closer to a dumpster fire now than after their first game, doesn’t mean they were after 1 game, doesn’t mean they’ll be after 8 or 10 games from now.

stringmusic

TV Ratings?? I'll tell you why the TV ratings are high. Cause there is nothing else on TV! Last night was a prime example.. Sunday night football and nothing else on. Thursday was the same way. Put on something besides re-runs of Law and Order that are 10 years old and the NFL loses.

Heck, I watched Bunker Hill again last night cause there wasn't anything else to watch.

The NFL is a joke!
Lol whatever. You don’t have a clue

They are closer to a dumpster fire now than after their first game, doesn’t mean they were after 1 game, doesn’t mean they’ll be after 8 or 10 games from now.
Lol whatever. You don’t have a clue

And you say I don’t have a clue. History is on my side. What you got outside of a pipe dream?

As far as TV ratings. Pull up last nights TV guide or even last Thursday’s.

Not to mention NFL ratings are down across the board.

stringmusic

And you say I don’t have a clue. History is on my side. What you got outside of a pipe dream?

As far as TV ratings. Pull up last nights TV guide or even last Thursday’s.

Not to mention NFL ratings are down across the board.
What night do they play the college football playoffs and the national championship game on?

What night do they play the college football playoffs and the national championship game on?
What also happens during all of bowl season? No new shows on any major network.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I watch college ball only because I love football and usually only when it's a hyped up game where I am hoping to actually have a competitive game. However I am a die hard life long NFL fan and will watch the 2 worst teams play each other on a thursday night...because I really really love grown man football.

stringmusic

What also happens during all of bowl season? No new shows on any major network.
Lol nice dodge. They don’t want to put the games against the NFL, bottom line. Like it or not that’s the way it is. The NFL is more popular because people don’t want to watch the second best play sports. Just like how the NBA D league and AAA baseball is not very popular.

stringmusic

I watch college ball only because I love football and usually only when it's a hyped up game where I am hoping to actually have a competitive game. However I am a die hard life long NFL fan and will watch the 2 worst teams play each other on a thursday night...because I really really love grown man football.
100% agree

transfixer

Pro football sucks.

I hope this helps.

This ^^^^^^^^ would suit me fine if it ceased to exist,,,, then about half of the players would have to go back to selling drugs and stealing,,, and end up in jail,, or dead,,, and we wouldn't have to see them on primetime news cause they done something stupid and got caught,, or see them protesting the " unfairness" in the world ,,,,

Lol nice dodge. They don’t want to put the games against the NFL, bottom line. Like it or not that’s the way it is. The NFL is more popular because people don’t want to watch the second best play sports. Just like how the NBA D league and AAA baseball is not very popular.

The NFL is more popular in Liberal states and that’s a fact.

Why is that? Maybe cause they tolerate whiny “grown men” more? Yes. More accepting of sissies protesting? Yes.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thec...-of-football-the-nfl-vs-college-football.html

This ^^^^^^^^ would suit me fine if it ceased to exist,,,, then about half of the players would have to go back to selling drugs and stealing,,, and end up in jail,, or dead,,, and we wouldn't have to see them on primetime news cause they done something stupid and got caught,, or see them protesting the " unfairness" in the world ,,,,
There’s a reason the NFL dominates in Liberal cities.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

If the networks broadcasting the games would show you the stadiums during the game you would see just how popular the NFL is. Nobody is going to the games. That means you should be able to get a great seat on the 50 yard line at every Falcan'ts home game.

If the networks broadcasting the games would show you the stadiums during the game you would see just how popular the NFL is. Nobody is going to the games. That means you should be able to get a great seat on the 50 yard line at every Falcan'ts home game.

The Networks play it just like Nascar Races. They won't show you the stands. And if you check ESPN it'll show you a bunch of flat out lies catering to advertisers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Atlanta is averaging 72,275 each home game in 2019.. They've got Atlanta having a sell out every home game last year as well... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All reported... But.. More lies..
https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/26/falcons-attendance-mercedes-benz-stadium-lower/

transfixer

The Networks play it just like Nascar Races. They won't show you the stands. And if you check ESPN it'll show you a bunch of flat out lies catering to advertisers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Atlanta is averaging 72,275 each home game in 2019.. They've got Atlanta having a sell out every home game last year as well... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All reported... But.. More lies..
https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/26/falcons-attendance-mercedes-benz-stadium-lower/

Not hard to figure out why, they built that stadium in the middle of one of the most crime infested areas of the city, if you're able to go and leave there without your car being broken into, you still have to deal with panhandlers, and bums, at almost every intersection, I used to work close to West Marietta and Northside dr back in 03 to 07, we constantly had to watch our parking lot for someone trying to break into our vehicles, and at least half the guys in our shop either carried daily or had a gun on their toolbox, I have since had to drive through that area a few times, I don't see it as being any better now than back then, probably worse, constant robberies or carjackings around midtown and Georgia Tech, Donald Lee Holowell is prostitution and crack central.

MudDucker

Staff member
Apart from the players not being as good, the schedule for the college teams is ridiculous.

All the top teams play maybe 2-3 games where they have a realistic chance to lose. I know it’s fun to watch Alabama or Georgia score 60-70 points against waffle state school for the blind but dang there’s no parody in the season.

At least in the NFL 14-15 out of most teams 16 game schedule they have a realistic chance to actually lose the football game.

Watching future accountants and insurance agents beat the crap out of some crappy directional girls school is not my idea of a fun Saturday.

I'm sorry, but the NFL sux ... mike drop.

westcobbdog

Long suffering Coons fan here and the coons do suck as usual, plus the team priced the avg fan out of the mkt for season tix with their greedy PSL policy.
Most times i am happier watching Slippery Rock vs Lehigh vs watching a random pro game.

joepuppy

At least in the NFL there are quality games, coming down to the wire, each week of the season. No full month of beating up on lesser opponents. You are just as likely in the NFL to play a super bowl rematch in week one. There's big money in the NFL. you can talk ratings or ticket sales, but these guys are making the cash. If not, it would fold quickly with a $188 million payroll to fund. I watch all football, just because I love it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Apart from the players not being as good, the schedule for the college teams is ridiculous.

All the top teams play maybe 2-3 games where they have a realistic chance to lose. I know it’s fun to watch Alabama or Georgia score 60-70 points against waffle state school for the blind but dang there’s no parody in the season.

Waffle State School for the Blind could whip the Falcons on a bad day.

And it's "parity" not "parody". A parody is a joke. You know, like the NFL.