Our God who is One

Israel

BANNED
Breaks our calculator, as it must.

If the one in our own calculator shows itself to corrupt calibration, of what use can it be? If "one" is wrong, then every understanding of any multiples and divisibles of it, can be no less skewed.

The man thinks himself one...and by that judges every other expression of person according to that.

But what happens when the man learns he is not one as he thought? Presumed himself to be?

What happens in the hypocrite when the light of the One God shines upon him?

"Oh, I am a man who says one thing, or recommends a thing, but does something other."

Or, "I am a man who says he believes one thing, yet thinks and speaks another way...and yet is found doing according to neither what I say I believe or think".

What of the man...who finding a suffering in tattering a relationship to some amount by a thing; either words said or thing done?

Is his plea "I am sorry, I didn't mean to do that"?

What is speaking? If "you did not mean"...then what did in the working? What works in what you do not mean...to do or say?

It might even be found to better say "you are right, I meant to hurt you...I meant to diminish you, I meant what was done...precisely as you perceived it...to an injury"

And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: Jer 32:39

A way aligned with one heart. Where can we see this? No word spoken, no deed done...except in pure and perfect alignment of heart? Can this be? Is this to be known?

Yes, we struggle in learning of integrity. We have never known its purity "from" the earth. We have learned to live in fragmenting surely...using words to hide, or even deeds...to "make a show".
God knows, and has mercy upon what suffers division in itself. He shows Himself pure, not to our shame...but that we might "turn aside to see this great sight".

But the clever man, the man who thinks he has a "way around" in excess of others...will find himself dealt with by cleverness...so that even what he thinks he knows is made a shame to himself.

There can be the growth of appreciation, a growth of gratitude, a growth even in surety...(and can be found no where else except) in the God who is One. We are created in that Unity to know that unity...no other god can save.

And it may well be, God knows, that our surety is made manifest, when our own surety is shown so feeble, so subject to "yes and no" for the shaking...and we no longer seek to hide it.

We may come as Peter was brought, hearing our instructions...yet have some concern as to what the Lord will tell another. We may even come as Ananais and Saphira, thinking we will make great show of our devotion...falsely.

It is shown better to say "I do with my own what I have done" as liberty allows us...than make pretense.

And God surely already knows...even foreknew long before we even "woke up to ourselves"...what we are.

I once read Paul's statement "I am what I am by the grace of God" to mean...I am the full and perfect example of all that is accomplished when grace is fully apprehended.

But in light of his expressing this:

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

I consider.

A man may come to a place...where he knows that in his being beheld the best that might be said of him is "But who could bear with him being him?" he might find he is provoking to all that is the only right question it has ever been his to make known...despite all his supposed efforts, or previously entered...otherwise.

Cause he's been forced to ask it for himself. It would take someone like I've never known...to abide. And the man once given to such vanity as "I'm pretty easy to be with"...learns how much such a lie can wreak havoc in and through his divided self. Problems, issues, are always "out there".

No man need seek to be controversial...contrarian, or look for any place of distinction. Simply believe you are what you are. But knowing if we claim it to be by the grace of God, we will only be found hypocrites if found unwilling to extend that to each. But, even hypocites are loved.

You can ask me how I know. Be free.

Last edited:

gemcgrew

No man need seek to be controversial...contrarian, or look for any place of distinction. Simply believe you are what you are. But knowing if we claim it to be by the grace of God, we will only be found hypocrites if found unwilling to extend that to each. But, even hypocites are loved.

You can ask me how I know. Be free.

Sin is what I am and sin is what I do. I am a sinner.

But there is good news for sinners.

280 Man

Banned
Sin is what I am and sin is what I do. I am a sinner.

But there is good news for sinners.

Yes in deed there is!! 1st John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"

Proverbs 28:13 "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

As you probably know there's many more as well!!