Please Educate me on the different Browning rifle models

sghoghunter

I’ve got an early model Abolt in 25-06,a AB3 in 7-08 and a Xbolt in a 243. Years ago I was all about a cheap every thing till I put my hands on my brothers Abolt stalker in 25 wssm. I’ve also never seen anyone that didn’t like the way it feels like a second layer of skin.

bullgator

Isn’t the bolt release different on the X-bolt than the A-bolts.

Darkhorse

I have a LH Abolt II Stainless Stalker with Synthetic stock in .300 Win. Mag. W/BOSS. I bought this rifle to mainly hunt elk with but it just felt so good in my hands and I shot it so well, that it became my goto rifle for 15 seasons. After much shooting and adjusting the BOSS all my local and western hunting loads print right around 1/2"
She is now a safe queen but always ready if I call.
The Abolt II looks a little different from the X bolt due to it 's squared receiver and I think the X bolt is the better looker. But a rifle doesn't need to look good to shoot little groups.

deerslayer357

I would love to have a blr. I think 7/08, or 30/06 maybe. I just can never get around to buying one, as something else is always more important and pressing

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I have a LH Abolt II Stainless Stalker with Synthetic stock in .300 Win. Mag. W/BOSS. I bought this rifle to mainly hunt elk with but it just felt so good in my hands and I shot it so well, that it became my goto rifle for 15 seasons. After much shooting and adjusting the BOSS all my local and western hunting loads print right around 1/2"
She is now a safe queen but always ready if I call.
The Abolt II looks a little different from the X bolt due to it 's squared receiver and I think the X bolt is the better looker. But a rifle doesn't need to look good to shoot little groups.

Thanks!!
Yeah this A bolt II Hunter is chambered in 7mm wsm that I'm about to buy. It would be primarily a western rifle for us also

Dallen92

I currently have one original abolt 1, one abolt 2 and one xbolt all chambered in 280 rem and have zero complaints out of any of those rifles. I normally hunt with the abolt 2 and my wife uses the abolt 1. The one I carry has the boss attachment but I mostly carry it with the suppressor on it. We have had great success with ours and all that I have owned have been accurate as well with just factory ammo. I have not had a 7wsm but did have a 270 wsm for a period of time but I think you would have good results with any 3 of these browning rifle models.

au7126

Have an A Bolt Medallion in 270 was my Christmas present in1986. One of the few times my wife surprised me. Has always been a tack driver. Shot it at Ga Gun Club yesterday and it will do its job as long as the man behind the trigger does his.

au7126

Have an A Bolt Medallion in 270 was my Christmas present in1986. One of the few times my wife surprised me. Has always been a tack driver. Shot it at Ga Gun Club yesterday and it will do its job as long as the man behind the trigger does his.
My A Bolt has the rosewood cap and very nice wood and is a LH also

Nimrod71

Wire, you are not the only BLR fan. I am lucky enough to have bought the first mod. with the mag that sticks out the bottom of the action. Mine is in 308 and let me tale you it is slick as an eel and shoots like a laser. I have killed several dozen deer with it over the 35 years I have had it. I wish I had one in 7mm08. I don't care much for the new mod. with the alloy receiver it just don't feel right compared with my old BLR, it is all steel action.

Wire Nut

Wire, you are not the only BLR fan. I am lucky enough to have bought the first mod. with the mag that sticks out the bottom of the action. Mine is in 308 and let me tale you it is slick as an eel and shoots like a laser. I have killed several dozen deer with it over the 35 years I have had it. I wish I had one in 7mm08. I don't care much for the new mod. with the alloy receiver it just don't feel right compared with my old BLR, it is all steel action.
3940F76C-91C3-4325-AB5B-E3BF17117A1F.jpeg
Both of mine have steel receivers and actions. This is the one I just got 10 mins ago

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
You watching that one on gbroker?
WHAT!!!???
Are you???
Yes I am, It sure has a BEAUTIFUL piece of wood!!! Almost to pretty to stomp around Idaho's mountains with!