Please pray with me.

HawgJawl

I’m repeatedly told that I just need to ask God for the answers I seek. After much consideration, I agree. I will humbly pray and earnestly seek answers from God.

The problem is that I have prayed most of my life and have received answers from God or I have created the answers myself, in my own mind. I can’t tell the difference. There are numerous examples throughout history of people who believed they were following orders from God and being led in directions contrary to the teachings of Jesus. That is why I am asking you to do this with me.

We see daily on this forum many variations of interpretations of complicated concepts, so for the sake of simplicity, let’s stick with questions that can be answered with “yes” or “no”. Please pray with me and ask God to reveal the correct answer to you and post the answer you receive on this thread. If you did not receive and answer or are not certain if you received an answer, please post that as well.

I am approaching this honestly and sincerely and I ask the same from you. I am publically professing my faith that God will provide His answer.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Luke 11:13
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:12-14
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:10
But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Hebrews 10:15-16
Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

John 14:12-14
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Mark 11:23-24
For verily I say unto you, That whatsoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Matthew 7:7, 8, & 11 states ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If ye then, being evil, know how to give gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Mark 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

HawgJawl

Let’s spend the day getting our hearts right with God. Let’s strengthen our faith that our Lord will deliver. This evening, let’s find a quiet place to commune with our Father.

Recite the Lord’s Prayer, and then ask;

Did modern animals evolve from lower forms of life?

hobbs27

Let’s spend the day getting our hearts right with God. Let’s strengthen our faith that our Lord will deliver. This evening, let’s find a quiet place to commune with our Father.

Recite the Lord’s Prayer, and then ask;

Did modern animals evolve from lower forms of life?

A friend of mine has left his family behind and gone to work in North Dakota so he can make enough money to save his families farm.

Another friend of mine just found out this week that his wife has brain and lung cancer.

A man I have known for a long time is suffering from Parkinson's disease and lost his wife of over 50 years last year.

I have traveled all around from church to church trying to find a place I can raise my youngest daughter in ..a place that I won't be a hindrance to.

But let me take the whole day..repenting and getting things out of the way from me and God...just so I can ask the Almighty God if modern animals evolved from lower life forms! facepalm:
This kind of --unbelief-- is why I seldom participate in the AAA forum. Their ignorance of God is like explaining Bacnet control systems to a neanderthal.

HawgJawl

A friend of mine has left his family behind and gone to work in North Dakota so he can make enough money to save his families farm.

Another friend of mine just found out this week that his wife has brain and lung cancer.

A man I have known for a long time is suffering from Parkinson's disease and lost his wife of over 50 years last year.

I have traveled all around from church to church trying to find a place I can raise my youngest daughter in ..a place that I won't be a hindrance to.

But let me take the whole day..repenting and getting things out of the way from me and God...just so I can ask the Almighty God if modern animals evolved from lower life forms! facepalm:
This kind of --unbelief-- is why I seldom participate in the AAA forum. Their ignorance of God is like explaining Bacnet control systems to a neanderthal.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends and the problems you are currently facing. I honestly did not anticipate that question offending anyone. Some Christians believe all animals were created in their current form in the beginning and other Christians believe God used evolution to develop what we have today.

I thought that would be a simple question to ask with a clear answer of either yes or no, as opposed to a full page answer of personal interpretation of what God is leading a person to believe.

I'm sorry if that question offended you. It was not my intent.

HawgJawl

I have been praying for the anwer but so far I cannot honestly say that I have recieved an answer from God. I obviously have my own personal opinions but have not yet felt any influence from God in either direction.

I do not draw any conclusions from the fact that I have not received the answer. I have faith that if enough believers ask God for the answer, a few will receive it.

I hope that others have joined me in this and am anxious to hear if anyone else has received the answer from God.

gordon 2

I wonder if neanderthal was atheist? Just a yes or no please. And of course no offense intended--just a strait up question. And it's a simple question, requiring just a yes or no answer? No full page answers please or personal interpretations. Thanks.

HawgJawl

I'm going to continue to pray for an answer and maintain my faith that God will answer. I hope that others will support me in this.

Many Christians on this forum have at one time or another told me to ask God for the answer to my questions. Many Christians on this forum report that they talk with God daily. For those of you who talk to God and have recommended that I do the same, please allow me to lay this on your heart; Did God lead you to make that recommendation to me?

Denton

Hawg should I send you a doctor to supervise your health while you continue on this prayer sit-in on god's doorstep? I really hope you are not going on a hunger strike until you get an answer.

Remember, God gave himself an escape clause by saying something to the effect of, "if you test me then you do not understand me and I reserve the right to ignore you".

You're right though, I have heard a lot of "after prayer with god and reading the bible I have come to the conclusion that..." but not a lot of "God spoke to me and told me to..."

Has anyone after the bible been spoken to directly by god and not just through the words of the bible or things happening to them? And not just a feeling of calmness and love, but actual directives.

hawglips

Banned
This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but this thread reminds me of Luke 6:46.

HawgJawl

I do not draw any conclusions from the fact that I have not received the answer. I have faith that if enough believers ask God for the answer, a few will receive it.

If I personally do not receive a clear answer, I can accept that it is because my relationship with God is not close enough, but is there no one on this forum whose relationship with God is such that they believe they may get a response? Why is no one willing to help me with this?

centerpin fan

If I personally do not receive a clear answer, I can accept that it is because my relationship with God is not close enough, but is there no one on this forum whose relationship with God is such that they believe they may get a response? Why is no one willing to help me with this?

hobbs27 and I have a very close relationship with God. In accordance with Matthew 18:19, we asked God to keep you in the dark on this matter.

HawgJawl

hobbs27 and I have a very close relationship with God. In accordance with Matthew 18:19, we asked God to keep you in the dark on this matter.

Have you asked God what He wishes for you to do?

gemcgrew

Has anyone after the bible been spoken to directly by god and not just through the words of the bible or things happening to them? And not just a feeling of calmness and love, but actual directives.
If one knows that the words of the Bible are God's words, your question is just silly.

Denton

If one knows that the words of the Bible are God's words, your question is just silly.

sure, but couldn't there be more words? God used to talk a lot to many people, why the silent treatment?

And after all the discussions here about the possible confusions, the possible human influence on the bible, the different churches within christianity all based on our various interpretations of god's word in the bible, is my question really that silly? Could just a little clarification from the boss have hurt?

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

All the prayer in the world, all the fasting, all the faith, and all the sincerity in the most committed believer will not cause God to answer any question that doesn't meet with His purposes. If He doesn't want you to know, I promise you will not know.

Now why don't you ask something that is directly related to His purpose! But I suppose you have to understand what that is and how you fit into it. Perhaps you should pray for that!

How long? Until He answers!

HawgJawl

All the prayer in the world, all the fasting, all the faith, and all the sincerity in the most committed believer will not cause God to answer any question that doesn't meet with His purposes. If He doesn't want you to know, I promise you will not know.

Now why don't you ask something that is directly related to His purpose! But I suppose you have to understand what that is and how you fit into it. Perhaps you should pray for that!

How long? Until He answers!

So you think the question is the problem?

The scripture I quoted in the OP led me to believe that it was alright to ask ANYTHING. Several people on this forum have told me to ask God my questions. That's what I'm trying to do and people are making fun of me.

From the reaction I am getting it does not seem like anyone actually believes that what they recommended will really work. I still believe that it will. It may not work for me but it might for someone else. That's why I am asking for others' help.

If I have no answer tomorrow and no one else is willing to help me, I'll change the question and keep on trying.