Poult Reports: 2022

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I had been getting 4 different hens coming to a hog feeder with NO poults with them. Batteries went dead 10 days ago. This is in an area of our club that I hunted a good bit and heard gobbles right to the last day of the season. Killed one bird in there and came close to my second. There are a bunch of hogs in the area and I’ve had as many as 4 coons on camera at a time.

turkeykirk

I’ve see a few hens at the house and at my place in the mountains. None were with poults that I could see.

buckpasser

I haven’t been a serious reporter on this thread, but I’ve seen as good of poult numbers over the portions of Thomas and Brooks counties that I frequent as I ever have. Numerous weekly sightings of poults now in the bantam chicken to full size chicken range. Couldn’t be happier with the class of ‘22 around here.

Last edited:

Dupree

I have not seen any poults yet. I have seen quite a few hens by themselves though.
I did see 4 hens on Sunday in different fields in Polk county that were in grass 18” tall that could have had poults.

deerslayer357

Would love to see that pic on my trail camera!

Dupree

6/30
Carroll county
1 hen with 1 chicken sized poult

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Saw what I’m pretty sure is the same poults from earlier this year that I posted about on 6/28 or so. Looked to be about half grown now. 2 hens, 5 poults.

turkeykirk

Finally saw 2 different hens in Gilmer county: one had 5 poults, one had 2 poults. ?

Not far from where I saw the two poults ran over in the road.

buckpasser

7/1
Brooks Co

4 adult hens sporting +/- 20 poults. Poults were now dressed in full “adult” plumage. Barred wings, naked heads, etc. It was a very cool sighting.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this one yesterday morning with 6 lil' bitty fellers.

turkey.jpg

bowhunterdavid

Wilkes county, flushed up 7 chicken size poults in a hay field Saturday. This was great to see. I thought a space ship came down and took all our turkeys to Mars. They flew great also.