Poult Reports: 2023

Not poults today, but I found these unexpectedly on a middle Ga tract that has little to no turkey activity in this area. Didnt see a hen, but neigbor saw a lone hen in their pasture yesterday close to mine.

Tractor cut over them on the first pass, amazing the tires and cutter tail missed em clean.

No clue what to do here now that the majority of hide is gone. Added some sweet gum saplins and pine limbs as a perimeter/skirt kinda.

Wonder if shes building a clutch still, only 7 eggs thus far.

5 poults in hancock the other day, per a pal.

1000022644.jpg

buckpasser

It ain’t look’n good down here. My mom does have a hen with two small poults feeding in here chainlink back yard in a neighborhood everyday though. Maybe next year!

Nest pic here is per post #22 above. Cammed it at dark yesterday. Forgive my ignorance if camming a nest is bad, turkey doc said i just need to make sure there is dominant tom gobbling nearby for a song meter.

She tended to it and sat it for 30 minutes and then left camera view. Interested to see how it goes, its june and its in a low turkey population area And the seek one tamey yotes are plentiful. Godspeed, mama.

6/8/23 - Updated after studying pics better - she laid another egg to bring the clutch to 8 now.

6/9/23 - she added another at 8pm. So 9 total thus far

6/11/23 - added another in AM, 10 thus far.

1000022777.jpg

Attachments

• 1000022776.jpg
    1000022776.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Baroque Brass

Grady County- coming home a little before dark and there were several hens and 10-12 poults crossing the road. I stopped and there was a scraggler poult behind the rest. Mama hen stood in the middle of the road until the scraggler crossed and then she crossed. Pretty neat to see.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nest pic here is per post #22 above. Cammed it at dark yesterday. Forgive my ignorance if camming a nest is bad, turkey doc said i just need to make sure there is dominant tom gobbling nearby for a song meter.

She tended to it and sat it for 30 minutes and then left camera view. Interested to see how it goes, its june and its in a low turkey population area And the seek one tamey yotes are plentiful. Godspeed, mama.

6/8/23 - Updated after studying pics better - she laid another egg to bring the clutch to 8 now.

6/9/23 - she added another at 8pm. So 9 total thus far

View attachment 1231741
That is cool to see . Hopefully you get to see them hatch . Keep us updated on the results . I’m sure that’s her 2nd attempt at a nest this year . Hope they make it !

deerslayer357

I am a little worried. Have seen several hens alone or in pairs with no poults. Haven’t seen a poult at all this year. Worried it may be another bad year for the turkeys

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Sure get an appreciation for seeing adult turkeys...odds against them are ridiculous! Your cam shows another predation that I think is often discounted. Crows are an amazing learner! I don't see how there's turtles around here. When they come from the swamp to the sandy road edges crows are waiting patiently. I see crows harassing turkeys often, as if thinkn they are in laying mode while feeding...crows get just as much as other predators get Im sure.

deerslayer357

Oglethorpe county- 6/30
Saw 2 hens with 1 poult. Chicken sized

Latest posts