Poult Reports: 2023

DRBugman85

5/9/23 Wayne County, 1 hen 10-12 bitty size poults,5/10/23 Charlton County 1 hen 8 -10 bitty size poults,5/10/23 Camden County 1 hen 5-6 chicken size poults. Looks like a good year so for.

buckpasser

First sighting:

5/5/23
Brooks
Unknown
Brand new

buckpasser

Second sighting:
5/8/23
Brooks county
7+
Small quail size and flying

buckpasser

I also saw more last week in several other locations. All appeared to be brand new and I immediately retreated from the area to keep from disturbing them. This past week appeared to be peak hatch for my location.

Blackston

I also saw more last week in several other locations. All appeared to be brand new and I immediately retreated from the area to keep from disturbing them. This past week appeared to be peak hatch for my location.
I’ve been seeing lots of hens out and about….. does one have anything to do with the other ?

buckpasser

Sometimes I see the hen just walking around and don’t know there are poults there until I disturb them. In that way, could be a yes. If they are definitely alone and not feeding quickly, I’d take it as a bad sign.

buckpasser

I fear that we are not going to have the boom year we’ve had the past two springs down here. The rains have come later and harder…

I think this one is gonna be a bummer.

Reactions: six

turkeykirk

Saw 2 hens together. No poults. About 1 mile away saw 6 hens together. No poults either. This was in Gilmer county.

turkeykirk

Fannin County: 1 hen , 6 small poults.

Dupree

I’m still seeing some hens with gobblers, and been seeing a lot of solo hens on the sides of the road and on trail cameras. Zero poults that I’ve seen.