Question about a Buddhist monk.

stringmusic

I was recently ridiculed in the political forum for stating that a Buddhist monk who lived a life of doing good but not accepting Jesus Christ as his savior, and having his sins forgiven, would not go to heaven.

So my question to professing Christians is, does the monk go to heaven or not?

Looking for simple short answers here if possible. Thanks

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Why do you care? If the monk hasn't committed any sins and lived his life doing good things; who are you to judge? Or any other sinner to judge for that matter.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If this goes south it’ll be locked just like the other one. You been warned. Trying to continue to :stir: after Nic’s warning is not smart.

stringmusic

Why do you care? If the monk hasn't committed any sins and lived his life doing good things; who are you to judge? Or any other sinner to judge for that matter.
I was asked this question. I’m just wondering what other Christian’s thought of are.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Believe what you want.
But NOBODY knows.
Those that think they do are turning faith into knowledge.
Religious alchemy.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m not breaking any forum rules. This was an honest question and you nor anybody else is forced to participate.
There’s a PM button down there. You’re welcome to use it anytime you want, at this point I’d encourage it as you seem unfamiliar with the rules your quoting.

”The rules are not open for discussion on the open forums. If you have issues or concerns or questions about a rule feel free to PM a mod or admin and as always your concerns or suggestions will be taken into consideration. Do not use the open forum to "call out" a mod or admin for implementation of the rules.”

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I’m not breaking any forum rules. This was an honest question and you nor anybody else is forced to participate.
The answer you're looking for is right there in your bible. While we are on the earth, we are called to live and spread the word, not decide who we think should go to heaven and who shouldn't. One of the only times we are called to judge is when we can help our fellow believers without hypocrisy of our own, that is, the plank in our own eye.

Last edited:

stringmusic

The answer you're looking for is right there in your bible. While we are on the earth, we are called to live and spread the word, not decide who we think should go to heaven and who shouldn't. The only times we are called to judge is when we can help our fellow believers without hypocrisy of our own, that is, the plank in our own eye.
I agree we are not called to judge who goes to heaven or not. But scripture is pretty clear that there is only one way to heaven so we can clearly answer the question in the OP. We are not passing the judgement, God is doing that we are just reading what the judgment is.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I agree we are not called to judge who goes to heaven or not. But scripture is pretty clear that there is only one way to heaven so we can clearly answer the question in the OP. We are not passing the judgement, God is doing that we are just reading what the judgment is.
Exactly, God is going to do what he said he'd do and made it clear what he expects us to do. Leave it at that. If there is a kind Buddhist monk doing good deeds, if we meet him and the opportunity is there, spread the word and he can decide to accept it or not. His salvation and judgement is between him and God, not us.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bottom line is, I don't know, and you don't know. We may think we do, but we absolutely don't. All I can tell you is that a vast, vast, vast majority of folks on earth who are extremely sincerely religious are not Christians, and have just as strong of faith in what they're doing as you do. Nobody knows. That monk prolly ain't on the internet judging other people's faith either, or getting titillated at the thought of them burning in hel. He would probably pray for you.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Exactly, God is going to do what he said he'd do and made it clear what he expects us to do. Leave it at that. If there is a kind Buddhist monk doing good deeds, if we meet him and the opportunity is there, spread the word and he can decide to accept it or not. His salvation and judgement is between him and God, not us.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

stringmusic

Please quote anything I’ve ever said that is in opposition to this. All I’ve done is repeat what God clearly states in his word.

And besides all that, I was ASKED this question by somebody else, it’s not even like I’m the one that brought it up.

This is about how this has played out.

“Hey Christian person who believes what the Bible says, can people go to heaven without Jesus?”

Christian person, “no”

“You judgemental bigot, why do you think you’re better than everybody!!”

stringmusic

Bottom line is, I don't know, and you don't know. We may think we do, but we absolutely don't. All I can tell you is that a vast, vast, vast majority of folks on earth who are extremely sincerely religious are not Christians, and have just as strong of faith in what they're doing as you do. Nobody knows. That monk prolly ain't on the internet judging other people's faith either, or getting titillated at the thought of them burning in hel. He would probably pray for you.
Here we go again with the ridiculous hyperbole. I’m not getting “titillated” and I’m not sitting around deciding who goes to heaven and who doesn’t. I was asked a question about my faith and I answered based on what I believe to be true just like every dang body else.