Questions for our game wardens on here

cowhornedspike

1) Hunting out of season. If they were shot at different times then it would be 2 charges for it.

There’s an argument to be made that since it’s not Turkey season killing it over bait and with a rifle are a moot point.
Me? I’d charge them with them all and let the state court prosecutor decide if they wanted to proceed.

If so add hunting big game (turkeys) over bait and hunting with an illegal weapon.

2) hunting without a license
Hunting without a big game license
Hunting without hunter Ed
Failure to record deer harvest

One count for each incident assuming they were on different dates.

Could also charge for possession of illegally taken wildlife for each animal but for a lot of reasons the agency (DNR) is on again off again about when they want that charged, but if it were up to me I’d charge them.

So upwards of 17-18 violations POSSIBLE off the top of my head.
But more likely about half that

Assuming they are from Florida and this club is in GA then aren't they also subject to Lacey if they took the illegal deer back to FL?

@Spotlite

Our Lease agreement with landowner stipulates that any game violation calls for immediate membership termination, as any club should be. I got the information that I needed. And I agree that if we don’t get the member removed, and the nonsense continues, we could all get the boot
You had the information you needed before this thread. Especially if you had proof. Do you have proof?

I don’t need no stinking badge.
Ain’t got no turkeys or deer either on my property.
Guess I should poach before the poacher does. Wonder if he’d turn me out n once I ended his game.
He ended mine. I hunt by the rules and regulations set forth by our governing body’s in the Ga assembly.

Did I kill a deer this year. Yes! But not at my property. That’s because I hunt and it was several miles from the house.
No hunting at the house. No deer once season started. Same feed been in n my feeder since Nov. 1.

I have not reported. Just won’t feed at house or plant plots. The poacher Won.
Sounds like you should be hunting the poacher.. ;)

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Green jeans got called around here a while back and the feller let me know. I called all the other local hunters n told em so there wouldn't be any collateral damage from a random intra club squabble.

cowhornedspike

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Those kind of folks don't depend on .Gov to bail them out.

The guy that killed 2 federally protected birds will get thrown under the jail at the same time the same Federal Government trades a Russian Weapons Dealer for a basketball player that got busted with drugs and hates America.

I fear .Gov more than I do God! God isn't out to screw you over. :rofl:

Why to "hunters" on here always seem to think turkeys are federally protected????

Why to "hunters" on here always seem to think turkeys are federally protected????
I have no real idea. I don't turkey hunt. I'm in the "Shoot them during deer season" crowd. I just remember seeing these everywhere..
1671635315544.jpeg

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Browning slayer bringing some of that political forum attitude over here. If you don't think like me, you're a squish.
Thinks turkeys are dumb but what about that stupid fish who bites a piece of plastic with 3 stainless steel treblehooks hanging off of it. And the snap attached to its nose.
We've discussed this before. The challenge in turkey hunting is killing one legally, during season, with a legal weapon. People who can do it are proud. People who can't scoff at it. You have a excellent abundant turkey flock at your place and you can't do it.
Criminals and poachers aint smart. Bragging about it is stupider than putting on your black skivies and riding a bicycle in traffic.
A lot of respectable people all over this country put a lot of money and energy into killing turkey's.
A lot of disrespectful people just shoot them with a rifle during deer season and say they're dumb.
They got no clue.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Browning slayer bringing some of that political forum attitude over here. If you don't think like me, you're a squish.
Thinks turkeys are dumb but what about that stupid fish who bites a piece of plastic with 3 stainless steel treblehooks hanging off of it. And the snap attached to its nose.
We've discussed this before. The challenge in turkey hunting is killing one legally, during season, with a legal weapon. People who can do it are proud. People who can't scoff at it. You have a excellent abundant turkey flock at your place and you can't do it.
Criminals and poachers aint smart. Bragging about it is stupider than putting on your black skivies and riding a bicycle in traffic.
A lot of respectable people all over this country put a lot of money and energy into killing turkey's.
A lot of disrespectful people just shoot them with a rifle during deer season and say they're dumb.
They got no clue.
1671636930273.gif

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
They got no clue.
And I could go shocking and say, “This stupid. Where’s the challenge in fishin. Waste of time?” Like that and doing it legally are the same.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
And I could go shocking and say, “This stupid. Where’s the challenge in fishin. Waste of time?” Like that and doing it legally are the same.

I don't turkey hunt because that's when the crappies n white bass bite the best. I've been a time or two and def understand the appeal of it, it's a blast when they gobble up close. I'm just less into challenge and more into fillets. Love some cornmeal battered crappie or white bass fish tacos.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Because I don't turkey hunt, I don't get worked up about turkey violations. Hard for me to understand why a fella can bait deer but not turkey. Folks have tried explainin' it to me but in the end I always think it comes down to makin' it too easy to kill em. Why is that bad for turkeys but not deer, bears, etc? Same as a fellas shootin' too many bucks doesn't bother me much because I am more about backstrap and shoulder roast than I am about antlers. It's all perspective.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm probably one of the best friends Browning Slayer has on this forum.
We fish together a lot and I hunt at his place in addition to mine.
Some on here know it and some may not. I don't mind if people know it.But I'm not gonna be embarrassed about it.
And they're not gonna know I'll lay down to stupid disrespect for sportsmen and game laws.
He's scoffing at Billy for not removing 'hunters' who do the same stupid, disrespectful things that he does.

Time ta straighten up, square up, and get back to huntin and fishin.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don't turkey hunt because that's when the crappies n white bass bite the best. I've been a time or two and def understand the appeal of it, it's a blast when they gobble up close. I'm just less into challenge and more into fillets. Love some cornmeal battered crappie or white bass fish tacos.
Ain’t nothin wrong with that. I don’t say people who don’t turkey hunt and would rather fish are stoopid or don’t get it or whatever. I don’t even think like that. I just do what I enjoy and figure other people are doing the same thing. I don’t understand this notion some people seem to have that everybody must like what they like and do what they do and tell them they’re awesome cause they do it.

Some of us live by rules... some of us, make em up as we go...
freedom.gif