Ruger Introduces the Super Wrangler

Darkhorse

Stainless single six convertible, shoots tight groups. I'm real glad I bought it when I did.
Adjustable sights are a must for me. Kinda hard to apply kentucky windage to poke a bullet through the head of a rattler at 3 feet.
I will admit if Ruger had the Super Wrangler when I bought my single six I would have given it serious consideration, mostly due to cost. But I would have probably gone with the single six anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Geezer Ray

I have the Heritage Rough Rider, it's a blast to shoot, and yeah I paid $99.00 brand new from Academy about 2 months ago.

transfixer

I have the Heritage Rough Rider, it's a blast to shoot, and yeah I paid $99.00 brand new from Academy about 2 months ago.

I've owned a couple of the rough riders , my favorite and I still have it is the 3.5in barreled birdshead grip model, just feels right in my hand, and I have both the LR and Magnum cylinders for it

Robert28

I've owned a couple of the rough riders , my favorite and I still have it is the 3.5in barreled birdshead grip model, just feels right in my hand, and I have both the LR and Magnum cylinders for it
Friend has one and I’ve shot it many times, I’ve looked at them endlessly at gun shows and online and something about them just hasn’t made me bite yet.

rosewood

I have the Heritage Rough Rider with 5 or 6"? barrel, fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear. Came with both 22lr and 22WMR cylinders. Think I paid like $130 or so at Academy several years ago. They even through in a free leather holster because the grip had a scratch on it. :)

Rosewood

Gator89

Do the Heritages have the free spin pawl?

I don't have an Academy close and I never see Heritages for $99. I would buy one for that price too.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Do the Heritages have the free spin pawl?

I don't have an Academy close and I never see Heritages for $99. I would buy one for that price too.
Check DeLeonRXGunsAndAmmo.com

They've got about any version you want, starting with the 3" barrel "Barkeep" at $90, the standard 6.5" at $105, and plenty more. No tax to GA, and the shipping is $10 last I heard. I've already gotten two Smiths from them this year; they're a solid vendor.

Gator89

Check DeLeonRXGunsAndAmmo.com

They've got about any version you want, starting with the 3" barrel "Barkeep" at $90, the standard 6.5" at $105, and plenty more. No tax to GA, and the shipping is $10 last I heard. I've already gotten two Smiths from them this year; they're a solid vendor.

Must have had a price increase. Barkeep is now $146.71 before fees.

Also, I live in FL, so sales tax is required by law.

I see they do show a couple of models under $100, but I don't want a 1 or 2 inch barreled 22 six shooter.

RamblinWreck88

Must have had a price increase. Barkeep is now $146.71 before fees.

Also, I live in FL, so sales tax is required by law.

Look for the one with the polymer grip. It's still at $90.

ETA: Sales tax is required in Georgia too, but this company evidently hasn't done enough business with GA to meet the threshold (yet). Maybe FL works different, but you might want to take it to "checkout" stage and see.

Gator89

Look for the one with the polymer grip. It's still at $90.

ETA: Sales tax is required in Georgia too, but this company evidently hasn't done enough business with GA to meet the threshold (yet). Maybe FL works different, but you might want to take it to "checkout" stage and see.

You talked me into the 9 shot 22 lr/22 wmr delivered to my FFL for $165.61.
No tax and $12.99 shipping.

Cocbola grips, too.

RamblinWreck88

You talked me into the 9 shot 22 lr/22 wmr delivered to my FFL for $165.61.
No tax and $12.99 shipping.

Cocbola grips, too.
I just set things free and let the chips fall where they may! Hard to beat that price. Ought to be a fun shooter.

transfixer

Friend has one and I’ve shot it many times, I’ve looked at them endlessly at gun shows and online and something about them just hasn’t made me bite yet.

They're not made of top notch materials, but I'm not someone who would shoot a 22 revolver enough to wear one out , I'd much prefer they were of Uberti or Pietta quality, as I have a Pietta 1873 in 45lc that I love, but the rough riders are economical fun little guns, I keep mine around for plinking occasionally, or for varmints, snakes, etc.

I've never cared for any of the Ruger single sixes, or the blackhawks, as they don't have the same feel as an 1873 clone, they don't have the same balance, too top heavy for my taste, I've not shot a Wrangler, but when they released it without the capability of 22wmr cylinders it ruled them out for me. The Super Wrangler is simply a money grab in my opinion, they released the wrangler on purpose without 22wmr, so they could then sell the public another 22 revolver in wmr after everyone had already bought the first model