Ruger releases Marlin 336

Robert28

For what they’re going to ask for these, I really kick myself now for not buying the Marlin 336 Texan I saw at a gun show I went to a couple weeks ago for $700. Oh well, we all have guns we passed on and shouldn’t have I guess.

Jester896

Senior Clown
For what they’re going to ask for these, I really kick myself now for not buying the Marlin 336 Texan I saw at a gun show I went to a couple weeks ago for $700. Oh well, we all have guns we passed on and shouldn’t have I guess.
I'm glad I picked up my 18" Texan when I did. I think it was only made for 2 years.

earlthegoat2

I used to have an illness for Marlins. I had many…dozen.

Thankfully the Remington bankruptcy jacked prices and I sold a fair number of them for hilarious prices.

Got my accumulation down to only about 15 total firearms and am much happier for it.

Did just buy a nice JM 444 though. It was much nicer than the one I already had and then I promptly sent that one up the river for several hundred more than I paid for the other one.

I wish Remington was still around though.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I used to have an illness for Marlins. I had many…dozen.

Thankfully the Remington bankruptcy jacked prices and I sold a fair number of them for hilarious prices.

Got my accumulation down to only about 15 total firearms and am much happier for it.

Did just buy a nice JM 444 though. It was much nicer than the one I already had and then I promptly sent that one up the river for several hundred more than I paid for the other one.

I wish Remington was still around though.
Remington 700’s have gotten a little out of hand on pricing as well.

ucfireman

I would like one in 30/30.
Got a 336 in .35 and love the gun.
But lever actions are way too high. I get they are more complicated than a bolt action but not 2-3 times the price.

Hopefully that msrp is way inflated like most.

Robert28

Remington 700’s have gotten a little out of hand on pricing as well.
Same gun show I saw a 700 BDL 30-06 for $900. Granted it was mint but dang. That’s more than my Bergera and my Bergara would outshoot it, it just wouldn’t be as pretty or as “classic looking” while doing so.

Big7

The Oracle
MSRP: $1,239. REALLY?

Glad I bought one about 2 years ago new for $600.00 OTD in 30-30 Winchester.

I LOVE RUGERS and Marlins but you could get into any number of high quality bolt guns and a decent scope for MSRP: $1,239, not to mention I didn't see 35 Remington listed.

Hard no for me.