Ruger releases Marlin 336

Dub

$1,200 is a pile of money for some things.

$1,200 for a .30-30 Marlin that puts the same grin on my face that I had as a kid…….that is something I may consider.

Can’t go back in time, but maybe rekindle some great memories.

I’ve blown $1,200 on a month’s worth of: Marlboro Lights, good tequila, Miller Lite & Domino’s……..back a few years ago.
Sure wish I had those dollars back.

GregoryB.

$1,200 for a .30-30 Marlin that puts the same grin on my face that I had as a kid…….that is something I may consider.

I’ve blown $1,200 on a month’s worth of: Marlboro Lights, good tequila, Miller Lite & Domino’s……..back a few years ago.
I am with you Dub. I use to go out at least 5 nights a week. I have spent more money on good liquor and bad women than I ever have on guns.

Robert28

You don’t have to spend $1200 anymore to buy an actual Marlin 30-30 from what I saw at the gun show I went to a couple weeks ago. I legit held, and should have bought a MINT 336 Texan for $700 and it had a scope too. I should have never set it down and walked away because I knew I’d regret it.

Big7

The Oracle
I am with you Dub. I use to go out at least 5 nights a week. I have spent more money on good liquor and bad women than I ever have on guns.
Me too.
Likker' and Women cost me a fortune until right here lately.

I look at guns as an investment.

I really didn't need that last Marlin 30-30 but I knew lever actions were fixing to skyrocket and they have.

Oldstick

I'm still kicking myself for passing on the Winchester 94 Big Bore model in .356 Win that I saw in a Walmart years ago for around $300 if I recall. Yes, at a Walmart.:huh:

I assume it must have been someone special ordered it then backed out. Never saw anything that uncommon in a Walmart before or since then.
Waited one day too long to jump on it.

But hey, judging by the above comments and another thread on here about the Thompson Contender, I reckon I must have gotten my money's worth at $275, including two boxes of federal ammo plus RCBS reloading dies, for a brand new Win 94 XTR, 24 inch barrel, in 7-30 Waters. That one is definitely designated as a pass down to my children/grandchildren.

rosewood

Waited one day too long to jump on it.

But hey, judging by the above comments and another thread on here about the Thompson Contender, I reckon I must have gotten my money's worth at $275, including two boxes of federal ammo plus RCBS reloading dies, for a brand new Win 94 XTR, 24 inch barrel, in 7-30 Waters. That one is definitely designated as a pass down to my children/grandchildren.
Wow, what a deal! And rare bird!

Robert28

There’s a little better deal. Still more than I’d pay though. I will say that gunprime is usually better than grab a gun in my experience.

rosewood

There’s a little better deal. Still more than I’d pay though. I will say that gunprime is usually better than grab a gun in my experience.
Grab your wallet?

rosewood

No more than 15 years ago, you could get them at a pawn shop for under $200. Talk about inflation..

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Why are folks so opposed to the safety? I don't see that it hurts anything myself. I understand it isn't needed, but it does make some folks feel warm and fuzzy.

Rosewood
Yea, but if I am paying, I don’t care about other peoples warm and fuzzy. The cross bolt safety has the opposite affect for me. Hard pass. I would prefer a used 336 customized with my specifications at that price.

Otherwise it looks like a great rifle. Especially like how smooth the loading gate looks in the video

Jester896

Senior Clown
one thing about the Winchester cross bolt safety..it is pretty easy to get out without disassembly and plug the holes.

I still remember the first time I hunted with the Marlin with it...that snap the hammer makes when it hits it is really loud in the quiet as it can be swamp...it will make a saunder of hawgs scatta like lighnin strikes.

I had to replace the one I lost in the pond...all I could find was a cross bolt replacement at the time. Wish I had that old Microgrove back.

Robust Redhorse

In late 1970's and early 1980's, you could buy a 336 for $99.95 all day long from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve.

My mom bought my dad his first "decent" deer rifle at Service Merchandise on Buford Highway around 1980. It was a .30-30 336 for $99.95.

bobbyboy

In late 1970's and early 1980's, you could buy a 336 for $99.95 all day long from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve.

My mom bought my dad his first "decent" deer rifle at Service Merchandise on Buford Highway around 1980. It was a .30-30 336 for $99.95.
brought mine , say around 1981, Kmart, Roswell road almost to 285, I'm thinking I paid 125, wish I had the sales receipt , though I still have the 336, in 35 cal, will have to post a pic