Scope question

Jimmypop

Are Burris fullfield iv scopes any good? I don't need a high dollar scope to put on a cheap gun( henry single shot 308). I'm looking at a 2.5x10x42.

Bobby Bigtime

I have great confidence in Burris scopes tough and dependable in my experience. I also love the Henry single shot as well. That will be a nice setup.

bighonkinjeep

Haven't owned a FF4 but have several FF2s from when they were USA made and a couple of the Phillipienes made ones, also have several E1s and Tac30s. (Also Phillipienes made) I've never had a problem with any of them and the E1s in my opinion are the best thing going in their price range. Much to my dismay Burris has the new FF4s made in China. The Ones made in the Phillipienes are made on Burris equipment by Burris employees. Not 100%positive but I've read the Chinese made FF4s are Chinese contract optics. Many companies were founded on and have adopted this business practice, but for some reason I thought better of Burris. Guess when they sold out some parent company made the call. They do still have some high end USA made products and are known for good quality overall but I just can't knowingly buy Chinese contract optics from them, Vortex ( even though I have in the past picked up a couple of Vortex to see what the hub was about) or anyone else. My advice if considering a current Burris would be one of their E1s with the plex reticle ( model 200331 not the E1 Christmas tree style) in 3-9x50. Super bright and clear with an exit pupil rivaling scopes costing 10X as much and even less expensive than the FF4. If you shop around online they run under $200.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If you think a Redfield would work Academy has a 25% off sale going now.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got a Fullfield II 3x9 on my BLR, and I like it real well.

Got it free in a BOGO deal they had a couple years back. Retail on the freebie was supposedly $199.

Both are Phillipino made.