Since when did NASCAR get more complicated than football and baseball?

I certainly don’t disagree with either of you. When you compare it to any major sports or anything else like that in the world they are doing the same things.. same woke stuff same gay crap and all that other woke mess. The racing isn’t the problem it’s the sponsors with the money.. they control everything. I’m only speaking of the competition the closeness action. And excitement factor. I don’t think is fair to single out bascar and say they are doing this and that gay this or black this. It’s in everyone form of society in this country. Far worse in others. There was way more cheating and such in the old days now. They have really cracked down on that big time. It’s more even that it ever has been more winners than ever before. It’s not one person dominating the entire thing. Don’t get me wrong I like seeing chase Elliott wear the field out. Just isn’t like that anymore. I think the biggest thing as I have mentioned before is change. We want it to be like the old days. Nothing wrong with that. It just can’t and want ever be that way again. We all are getting older and mostly are set in our ways of not wanting to except change. Myself included. I don’t like all this bull crap around us no more than you. There is zero I can do about it..

bullgator

Driving through Hotlanta on I-75 last Friday was more exciting than NASCAR. Even with all the caution flags it was white knuckled driving.

bullgator

Only problem with that is you’re on the hook for whatever happens ….. least folks ain’t getting shot on the racetrack yet
You’re right…….they’re still in the noose stage of thuggery.

bighonkinjeep

Everything is way too even now. After the COT they've done away with any room for innovation. No advances in aero , horsepower, mileage, or anything else.
I was shocked to see there arent even any dents for the pit crews to pull any longer. I dont see anything thats going to benefit enthusiasts at the showroom coming from it any longer. Win on Sunday sell on Monday is long gone.
Might as well watch a roulette wheel spin and pick a number at random.
All of the greats would have never been great if they had to compete under these circumstances.

This stage stuff isn’t racing. Run hard the whole way, start to finish. You need stages to keep interest, to give everybody a fair shot? Crap, then learn to drive, get a good crew and build good cars, put a motor that’ll run in there and go head to head. You get lapped, build you a good car and get you somebody who can drive. And stop this woke crap. They don’t want redneck personalities, they want woke soccer dad identifying drivers. Don’t go any more and don’t watch more than 10 minutes a season. They neutered it and it’s dying on the vine. It’s not what I grew up with—-Nascar left me, I didn’t leave NASCAR.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I grew up with—-Nascar left me, I didn’t leave NASCAR.
Hear hear. I feel the same way.

Moving races from places like North Wilkesboro, having 1 race a year in places like Darlington and Atlanta, while New Hampshire and California have 2, running a street course in Chicago on what could be one of the top 3 weekends of the season is proof they have lost touch with their true fan base and are now chasing the money.
It’s not the same or even good anymore. Ticket sales and viewing ratings are proof.

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
I've started following dirt late model racing on YouTube. I know, I don't like giving them my money either, but at least they show some down to earth racers and races.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I've started following dirt late model racing on YouTube. I know, I don't like giving them my money either, but at least they show some down to earth racers and races.
Keep a eye out for a Ga. boy with the last name Rainey. He was ware'n out the locals (N. Ga.) at 14 years old, now he's old enough to play with the big boys.

Iwannashoot

Keep a eye out for a Ga. boy with the last name Rainey. He was ware'n out the locals (N. Ga.) at 14 years old, now he's old enough to play with the big boys.
My wife's uncle used to sponsor a feller who was pretty fast in a late model over in Barberville years ago. He busted up the wall and caught fire, scared him enough that he gave it up after that. I can't remember his name for the life of me though.

Whitefeather

Management Material
A fella from Senoia is said to have signed a contract with Jr Motorsports to drive a couple Xfinity races later this season

Iwannashoot

A fella from Senoia is said to have signed a contract with Jr Motorsports to drive a couple Xfinity races later this season
Do you spend some time at your local dirt track? I've seen some races there on YouTube. Looks like an fun kinda place.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Do you spend some time at your local dirt track? I've seen some races there on YouTube. Looks like a fun kinda place.
Been there a time or 2. Not on a regular basis but when the Sprint cars come to town I usually go. That’s a really good show to watch. I highly recommend it

bighonkinjeep

SCCA road racing has always been a lot of fun to watch. I had some great times at Road Atlanta especially back during the days of the Camel GT. Free camping all around rhe track and a huge party. It was an all weekend affair with different classes running all weekend often with multiple classes of cars running at the same time. Rain? No problem, pull in the pits and swap to rain tires and get after it.
Then after dark go right across the street Friday and Saturday nights for some amazing dirt track racing at Lanier raceway back when Lanier raceway was dirt.
Sure was a great way to get a fellas racing fix.

SCCA road racing has always been a lot of fun to watch. I had some great times at Road Atlanta especially back during the days of the Camel GT. Free camping all around rhe track and a huge party. It was an all weekend affair with different classes running all weekend often with multiple classes of cars running at the same time. Rain? No problem, pull in the pits and swap to rain tires and get after it.
Then after dark go right across the street Friday and Saturday nights for some amazing dirt track racing at Lanier raceway back when Lanier raceway was dirt.
Sure was a great way to get a fellas racing fix.
I raced at Lanier on the asphalt track.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I guess I started losing interest when they started putting fwd bodies on rwd frames. It's stock car racing. The whole idea is to get a stock car and make it faster and handle better than everyone else. And 20 years ago Richard petty had been retired for 10 years so he wasn't lapping anyone. Kyle petty probably got lapped in his career more than Richard lapped people.

I guess I started losing interest when they started putting fwd bodies on rwd frames. It's stock car racing. The whole idea is to get a stock car and make it faster and handle better than everyone else. And 20 years ago Richard petty had been retired for 10 years so he wasn't lapping anyone. Kyle petty probably got lapped in his career more than Richard lapped people.
Man that’s for sure. Kyle never was great or anything.

turkeykirk

The only NASCAR car I wanted to drive. It was something. :biggrin3: IMG_8688.jpeg