Skeeters

Baroque Brass

Man, they’re bad this year. Y’all got ‘em? Had the pest control service come out and do the fogging twice. It helped for a week or so then the skeeters are right back. I read that the pesticide used for the fogging kills all insects, including the pollinators, which we don’t want. I canceled the service.

Fletch_W

Banned
We use Arrow's fogging service and it drastically cuts down on mosquitos and our garden fruits are still fruiting and we still get lightning bugs, just not as many.

bany

Bifen IT diy pest control
kills about everything
don’t spray on flowers,clover,etc

treemanjohn

Banned
Can you provide a little more info?
I'm not an exterminator, so take it for what it's worth.

I spray Bifen IT on the house siding and wood fence. Also under the roof and under the gazebo and my children's trampoline. We can go 2 or 3 weeks without a bite. The instructions say to spray bushes as well, but I dont want to kill the good bugs. It works no doubt

Also make sure your gutters are clean and bo trash around. Magnolia trees are terrible because the drop cupped leaves that hold water. It doesn't take much water to breed a flock of skeeters

WestGa Buckshot

I've had really good luck with permethrin spray on clothing and gear. (Do not apply to skin! ) I treat the shirts that I'm planning to be outside the most in, working or hiking, during the summer. I also treat pants cuffs and socks to ward off ticks as well. Lasts for 6 weeks or 6 washes. For the yard, I use Triazacide granules and spray the bushes, around the house, and under the porch with Triazacide spray. Gotten good results.