Snake swap out!?

basstrkr

My wife and i walk a little route down our shaded road most every evening. To day we came up on a black snake (rat, chicken, racer) about 30" long, and skinny. We walked around him and continued our walk. An hour later we were driving to town and there lay stretched out the same snake in the same place? Nope. This time it was a 30" copperhead!!! Bout like this one.1695517706483.png

Big7

The Oracle
My wife and i walk a little route down our shaded road most every evening. To day we came up on a black snake (rat, chicken, racer) about 30" long, and skinny. We walked around him and continued our walk. An hour later we were driving to town and there lay stretched out the same snake in the same place? Nope. This time it was a 30" copperhead!!! Bout like this one.View attachment 1256120
They are pretty but sure are mean.

One liked to killed my Winnie Dog and cost me a fortune at the Vet.

pjciii

My wife and i walk a little route down our shaded road most every evening. To day we came up on a black snake (rat, chicken, racer) about 30" long, and skinny. We walked around him and continued our walk. An hour later we were driving to town and there lay stretched out the same snake in the same place? Nope. This time it was a 30" copperhead!!! Bout like this one.View attachment 1256120
That one would get my full attention as I walk around it. Way around it.

Redbow

Them ole Copperheads are very hard to see at times and yes they are mean. I give all venomous Snakes a free pass if they are not in my yard, and I never kill the non-venomous ones. Copperhead skins makes a pretty hat band though.

tr21

Them ole Copperheads are very hard to see at times and yes they are mean. I give all venomous Snakes a free pass if they are not in my yard, and I never kill the non-venomous ones. Copperhead skins makes a pretty hat band though.
Good for you . I kill every one I come across !

oldfella1962

What a great picture! (y) Nature's paintjob can never be matched by us humans. Not a snake expert, but maybe snakes are like fish in a way - they have preferred spots to hang out in for various reasons, and when one fish/snake vacates a primo spot, another one takes advantage of the opportunity.