Tactacam SK issue

Otisman

Camera has worked great for nearly a year. For the last few weeks every pic is stamped feb 7, 628am. I went through customer service. Tried all the Recomended advice. Firmware is up to date. Did the reset several times. Finally they told me they hope to have an update soon that will fix the issue. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mike81

The only issue I had was the camera was not showing its location. I went through these step to do a hard reset. Have you tried this?

For the Reveal SK:
To do this you will need a paperclip so bring one with you!
1. Put the camera in Setup mode
2. Press the Reset button on the bottom of the camera (inside the door)
3. Hold for 10 seconds, then release
4. Camera will power off and reboot.
5. You can then turn the camera off then back to set up to connect.

BUCKFAT

I believe they have now released the FW update To fix this. You will need to contact them to get a file from them. I believe they are releasing it slowly to see how it goes even though they have been testing it for some time.

DSGB

Ironically, my Reveal XB did the same thing last week after I requested an HD photo. After trying to contact tech support and the only response was a canned email with a link to the form I had already filled out, I decided to try requesting another HD photo. Every picture that has come in after that has the correct date and time.

mhpcdh

Camera has worked great for nearly a year. For the last few weeks every pic is stamped feb 7, 628am. I went through customer service. Tried all the Recomended advice. Firmware is up to date. Did the reset several times. Finally they told me they hope to have an update soon that will fix the issue. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ya one of mine had the wrong year on all of the pics opened the camera and water ran out It was about 4 months old and they will not replace it under warranty they said water in the camera voids the warranty

Otisman

Well, I’ve tried to contact them again with no luck so far. I’ll try to request the HD photo and see if that changes anything

Otisman

HD pic request did not fix my issue. If I don’t get it fixed soon will consider a different brand cell camera. I only run one currently. I’m pretty frugal and never thought I would pay for a cell camera because I hunt close by. I actually like it a lot though. Nice to know when the older bucks are moving in the daytime without having to pull SD cards.

I had the same issue in August, customer service said they were working on a software fix. Then the problem went away after I changed batteries.

jsa1281

My buddy had this happen to him. I read on here one day try Facebook reaching out to them. They reached out quickly and he got it fixed. He had to download a file move it to the sd card and it fixed it.

jsa1281

Hello

Thank you for reaching out about the incorrect date/time on your Reveal XB/SK camera.

Performing the following C810 firmware update will resolve this matter for you. It is very important that you have recently replaced your batteries or the LIPO is at least 60% as the device mustn't lose power during this process.

1. Click on the link below and download the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nXO-hUgZ5q4OpYWTdHkOr1DEbVi4fjex/view?usp=sharing

2. Open the download and drag the .bin file and place it on an SD card compatible with your REVEAL camera. DO NOT put the file in a folder.

3. The File will not open with any application, it can only be read by the Reveal camera.

4. Put the SD card with the file in the REVEAL camera.

5. When you start the update DO NOT power off your camera. The update can take 5 min… when the update is finished your Reveal camera will power off and then restart.

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have recently replaced your batteries or the lipo is at least 60% (the device mustn't lose power during this process)

6. To initiate the update, begin with the camera on ‘Off’. Then press and hold the test button. While continuing to hold the Test button, slide the mode slider on the left to ‘Setup’. The status light will flash slowly and then start blinking fast, let go of the test button then and wait until it reboots. After it reboots, your update is finished. Switch it to on and give in 5-10 minutes and it should start sending photos with the correct date/time.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Dustin