Team #7: Sweet and sassy

bpryor

Checked out your post. I am not sure if the math is different in Canada than here but I think you have an 8 point bird lol!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

seriously though i think 3 is the right number. and it seems to be an 8 pointer to me. im goin in the mornin. gotta leave kinda early to get my lil girl back from the vet.

alan

Man I wish I was in the woods right now! What a beautiful morning! Good luck to everyone this weekend I will be thinking about you while I am working!:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

alan

I decided to go out after work yesterday after work for a quick afternoon hunt. What a mistake! It was like a sauna outside. I cant believe how hot it was! If it does not cool off over the next week my season may be done. How did everyone else do yesterday. Hope you dog feels better bpryor.

Buck killers Wife

? TURKEY KILLING MACHINE ?
Hey Guys,,do you see anything im missin?its a 5 point bird with a 1 point bonus beard?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:biggrin2:

chevyman2000

Nice bird! Dropped my second this morning at 6:20. Poured rain all day. Had one gobble way off and that's it. Had 2 sneak up on us. I got the small one and my friend's shot took out a 1" tree. Toad he was a much larger bird!

Looks like a 6 point bird to me
373e4021.jpg

c6ed3bbb.jpg

04081a06.jpg

Found these on the way out!
738d597a.jpg

fde80846.jpg

But off to school!

alan

Nice birds both of you!! That should get us a little higher on the list. Nice mushroom Justin, by the time I got to Tenn this year they were all done!

TurkeyBird

Congrats Justin and BKW!

I didn't have any luck this past weekend. We did get on some gobbling birds one morning. It was windy that morning and by the time we got to them, they were moving off quickly in the other direction. We finally got around on them and set up in a nice spot. They responded well and got within 100-150yds and it seemed like everything was going to work out. Then, after waiting a while, they went quiet on us and about 15-20 later they gobbled again moving away! That's they way the season has gone this year!

We did some fishing at the lake over weekend and caught a nice mess of catfish!

alan

Well it cooled off yesterday so I decided to have a try at it and ended up getting soaked! No turkeys seen or heard. I know they are there gonna go Sat morning and give it one more try. Are you done Justin or did you get another tag?

chevyman2000

I believe I am all done for the season. We got alot of rain last week. It's like mid summer here now. Birds are all messed up and I couldn't get another tag. Time to start fishing. Perch are starting to move in now so this weekend should be on the water!

TurkeyBird

Well congrats on getting it done Justin! I would however be a little disappointed if my season was over that quick.

We had a good hunt this past Saturday morning. We worked a bird for around 2 hrs and never could seal the deal on him! He was gobbling good and answering most everything we threw at him, but eventually he locked down between me and some thick brush at around 50 yds.

Good luck to everyone this last weekend! I will be after them Saturday and Sunday morning. Hopefully it will go down with a BANG!

chevyman2000

Took a friend out this am. I can't believe how far along everything is! We have wheat thats' over a foot tall and corn 3-4" already. Tom's were still active but only had hens hangout in the DSD's. We had 2 buddy birds that would frequent the area but one of them got shot on his way over :( called it a morning because my friend had to work. I'm sure I'm done for the season.