TED NUGENT ......innocent on baiting charge?

Pavy

....he clearly stated he was guilty.....he can wiggle in the press all he wants...but the bottom line is what he pled in open court......I do not think that baiting laws have any basis or foundation in logic......but a law, is a law till we get smart enough to change them to reflect a sound logical position.
If you break game laws you hurt us all.

Pleading "No Contest" is NOT an admission of guilt and Ted explains why he entered the plea.

rex upshaw

Pleading "No Contest" is NOT an admission of guilt and Ted explains why he entered the plea.

sorry, but i'm not buying the fact that it would have cost him $500,000 and require him to spend a long amount of time in california.

oogachaka

:rofl: are you kidding me???
so since he is rich enough to retire, he isn't an idiot? mike tyson and michael jackson were rich enough to retire too. :rolleyes:

i have no clue why you are trying to compare nugent and gwb, but one's posession's does not make a person any more, or any less of an idiot.

Did I say only because he is rich he is not an idiot?
Nope. I gave other reasons. It seems you left those out.:whip:

The fact is; he is smart enough to have a life where he can do as he pleases...
Hes smart enough to be able to organize things so that life is great for himself.
How is that idiotic?
I never said he was a good person or anything, I simply said hes not an idiot.

BREAK'N WINGS

He's got my vote any day. There's more people here in the state of Ga thats baiting/breakin games laws, that need to be fined, rather than worry about what UNCLE TED is doing.

Huntervationist

lol...it sure isnt a plea of NOT GUILTY..its a conviction..period.

Last edited:

rex upshaw

He's got my vote any day. There's more people here in the state of Ga thats baiting/breakin games laws, that need to be fined, rather than worry about what UNCLE TED is doing.

well, with so many of you claiming that he speaks for "all" of us, as hunters, then yes, we have a reason to be worried about what uncle ted is doing.

we have enough nut jobs in office, i wouldn't waste my vote on another.

BRANCHWYNN

Saw Ted on a one of his shows talking about baiting. His words were if the law provides that you can hunt over bait, then its okay. He also stated to not consider sitting in a food plot is not considered as bait is absurd. If I sit near a apple tree and harvest an animal is that not bait? If Ted was hunting in FLORIDA....he'd be sitting next to a feeder.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In my opinion, some laws stay in place because they generate revenue. Baiting is one of em. Plugged shotguns is another. Personally, I don't hunt bait, nor sit on food plots. A good acorn tree, yes.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
This is like reading the Spritual discussion forum. Some mighty sanctimonious folks in here. Ted is correct about how insane the baiting laws are. And yes, the are in place only for a source of revenue. Bait is bait, whether you put it there or not.

Say I put a 50lb bag of corn 100yds from your stand without your knowledge, and then call the DNR to notify them of your actions. No contest will be the best plea you can offer, because nothing else in the world you can say will convince the judge otherwise.

Now, imagine you're a celebrity hunter that the anti's and their infinite plethera of hollywood whacko's reinforcing their pockets go after you. You won't be fighting them in court directly, but they will be lining the pockets of the Cal. DNR until the day you die if you choose to fight it. So yes, $500k is a very believable number, and even a little low, for what it would cost him in personal revenue generating time, as well as attorney fees.

It amazes me how some folks see Ted as harming the sport. What exactly, besides feeding your own belly, are you doing to enhance the sport? Or better yet, to combat the Anti's and fight the anti-2nd amendment crowd day in and day out?

Just like the guys that would rather bludgeon someone with the bible over in the SF, all I see here is a few hypocrites with an opinion.

BRANCHWYNN

This is like reading the Spritual discussion forum. Some mighty sanctimonious folks in here. Ted is correct about how insane the baiting laws are. And yes, the are in place only for a source of revenue. Bait is bait, whether you put it there or not.

Say I put a 50lb bag of corn 100yds from your stand without your knowledge, and then call the DNR to notify them of your actions. No contest will be the best plea you can offer, because nothing else in the world you can say will convince the judge otherwise.

Now, imagine you're a celebrity hunter that the anti's and their infinite plethera of hollywood whacko's reinforcing their pockets go after you. You won't be fighting them in court directly, but they will be lining the pockets of the Cal. DNR until the day you die if you choose to fight it. So yes, $500k is a very believable number, and even a little low, for what it would cost him in personal revenue generating time, as well as attorney fees.

It amazes me how some folks see Ted as harming the sport. What exactly, besides feeding your own belly, are you doing to enhance the sport? Or better yet, to combat the Anti's and fight the anti-2nd amendment crowd day in and day out?

Just like the guys that would rather bludgeon someone with the bible over in the SF, all I see here is a few hypocrites with an opinion.

Something tells me, if folks that didn't like him spent a few days with him.....they probably would. The man says a lot that others won't. I may not always agree with him, but I respect his passion in what he believes. He'd make a horrible politician. But he's a great AMERICAN PATRIOT.

groundhawg

Did not See where he said he did not bait. He said he does not break any laws. Baiting is legal in some states. :whip:

Nugent says he never puts out feed or bait and that was the case on the California hunt.

Read his statement again - the above was about in the middle. I have watch several of his TV shows where he used bait and even joked by calling the bait pile his "Golden acorns". Did not say he was breaking any laws, as you said baiting is legal in some states, but he was quoted as saying he never puts out feed or bait. Guess he has someone else put the bait out for him.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Nugent says he never puts out feed or bait and that was the case on the California hunt.

Read his statement again - the above was about in the middle. I have watch several of his TV shows where he used bait and even joked by calling the bait pile his "Golden acorns". Did not say he was breaking any laws, as you said baiting is legal in some states, but he was quoted as saying he never puts out feed or bait. Guess he has someone else put the bait out for him.

Actually, read it again. Nugent didn't say that, the author of the article did. Notice the lack of quotation marks on that statement. So seeing as how it was paraphrased, who knows what the accuracy of the statement was, or what liberal party the author contributes to. ;)

Buzz

sorry, but i'm not buying the fact that it would have cost him $500,000 and require him to spend a long amount of time in california.

That seemed bizarre to me as well. Then again, I have to disagree with my esteemed friend Predator56 - I've never cared for Ted.

BRANCHWYNN

Actually, read it again. Nugent didn't say that, the author of the article did. Notice the lack of quotation marks on that statement. So seeing as how it was paraphrased, who knows what the accuracy of the statement was, or what liberal party the author contributes to. ;)

just read that again....good eye. See youtube video I posted. He doesnt strike me as a man, who really cares if you dont like it if he baits.

Hardwood

Yall fellers can gripe all you want about bait/no bait. When we fight and argue with each other its like throwin gas on the anti fire. Whats to argue about, if ya don't like bettering your odds to take an animal, don't. But don't gripe about somebody else doing it, legally anyways. I know some fine folks that have got tickets for baiting. But I guess the rest of yall are perfect. Heck, lets all hunt and have fun at it. Sometimes ya gotta look at an issue and decide if its really worth griping over.