TED NUGENT ......innocent on baiting charge?

Jaker

Banned
Never really cared for uncle ted too much, don't have a real big problem with him either, just seems like a guy thats hit a few too many lines in his time.

On another note, My dad is hunting in Northern missouri right now, about a half mile from the Iowa border, hes freelancing and has obtained permission to hunt an 80acre tract that is surrounded on 3 sides by a club. Ted nugent is one of the partial owners of the club. The guy that lives on the land, saw my dad going down to scout the 80 acres and drove his atv down there, and confronted my dad. Then got real Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- that he was gonna be hunting there, apparently its a main travel route that the deer use goin from one side of their land to another, and so basically my dad has access to their calibre of hunting just through this small 80acre farm. Well my dad went back this morning to sit in a stand he had hung, and the guy came and road his fourwheeler back and forth on the property line all morning. Basically trying to screw my dad. So my dad got down and walked over to the property line, flagged him down, and told him that if he continued to screw with him, that he would drive his truck down there, and lay on the horn all morning and screw all of the pay hunters the guy had out. The guy backed off and said he didn't want any trouble. My dad hunted the place this afternoon, and saw 9 bucks, between 120 and 170 inches. Now we know why the guy was being such a dick head. But anyways this gave me a bad taste for ted nugent, just cuz they are associated.

nickel back

Yall can call him Uncle Ted all yall want if the man was not in the spot he is in,most if not all would say he is a nutt job,some here need to do a little research on ole so called Uncle Ted.Like I said befor he is hurting the hunters just as much as he is helping with his I do not give a crap ways.........the man is an idiot.Think what you want but thats what I think,I will not support him at all.

Last edited:

T.P.

Banned
This is like reading the Spritual discussion forum. Some mighty sanctimonious folks in here. Ted is correct about how insane the baiting laws are. And yes, the are in place only for a source of revenue. Bait is bait, whether you put it there or not.

Say I put a 50lb bag of corn 100yds from your stand without your knowledge, and then call the DNR to notify them of your actions. No contest will be the best plea you can offer, because nothing else in the world you can say will convince the judge otherwise.

Now, imagine you're a celebrity hunter that the anti's and their infinite plethera of hollywood whacko's reinforcing their pockets go after you. You won't be fighting them in court directly, but they will be lining the pockets of the Cal. DNR until the day you die if you choose to fight it. So yes, $500k is a very believable number, and even a little low, for what it would cost him in personal revenue generating time, as well as attorney fees.

It amazes me how some folks see Ted as harming the sport. What exactly, besides feeding your own belly, are you doing to enhance the sport? Or better yet, to combat the Anti's and fight the anti-2nd amendment crowd day in and day out?

Just like the guys that would rather bludgeon someone with the bible over in the SF, all I see here is a few hypocrites with an opinion.

Good post.

FireHunter174

The main question is....Does Ted, or the judge, care what you think?

Especially, considering we have absolutely no first-hand knowledge of this case and nothing to offer except our perception of the Nuge on TV and what the media has to offer.

rex upshaw

It amazes me how some folks see Ted as harming the sport. What exactly, besides feeding your own belly, are you doing to enhance the sport? Or better yet, to combat the Anti's and fight the anti-2nd amendment crowd day in and day out?

i would think that bringing new people into hunting would be considered beneficial to the sport. :huh:

as for ted, he is very polarizing, you either like him, or you don't, not much grey area. he rubs me the wrong way. he's too loud and obnoxious. he could get his point and or message out there, without coming across as such a jackleg.

Brad

Some people need to do some research on old uncle Ted before you go worshiping him. Some things he has done are borderline criminal. Convincing an underaged girls parents to sign over parental rights to him so he could do whatever whith her is just an example. I know a radio dj who had to interview him once and said he was the rudest jerk he had ever met,cussing out an intern because of the quality of an apple that was brought to him. There is also the question of the illegitimate child he has that he refused support of for many years. I dont know that to be true but it has been rumored for a long time and I have never seen him openly deny it. Im sorry this is not a man I want representing me for anything. I sometimes agree with what he says but always dissagree with the way he says it. I also think there are many people that do as much to present our sport and way of life in a respectful manor. If I was a neutral person and was on the fence about hunting in general and happened to be flipping channels and he was on his antics would turn my stomach and I would probably think every one of us was that way. Its not the antis that we have to convince because they are not going to change there mind its the people in the middle who are on the fence who will determine how hard we have to fight in the future and he hurts our chances with them in my opinion.

Huntervationist

This is like reading the Spritual discussion forum. Some mighty sanctimonious folks in here. Ted is correct about how insane the baiting laws are. And yes, the are in place only for a source of revenue. Bait is bait, whether you put it there or not.

Say I put a 50lb bag of corn 100yds from your stand without your knowledge, and then call the DNR to notify them of your actions. No contest will be the best plea you can offer, because nothing else in the world you can say will convince the judge otherwise.

Now, imagine you're a celebrity hunter that the anti's and their infinite plethera of hollywood whacko's reinforcing their pockets go after you. You won't be fighting them in court directly, but they will be lining the pockets of the Cal. DNR until the day you die if you choose to fight it. So yes, $500k is a very believable number, and even a little low, for what it would cost him in personal revenue generating time, as well as attorney fees.

Just like the guys that would rather bludgeon someone with the bible over in the SF, all I see here is a few hypocrites with an opinion.

Miguel.....pleading guilty or no contest for a first offence game law violation makes HIM a hypocrite...not those of us that may disagree with a law but follow it because we care about our sport, our heritage, and what the non hunting public see's of us.....you may wish to idolize him for his fame...but with a great public face, comes great responsibility ....and when places himself in the forefront of political activism for gun rights he has to do it better than everyone else...you may not like it or agree with it....but thats reality.......I liked his music back in the day, I have even watched a few of his hunting shows.......but that means nothing...he has hurt us as a community by pleading guilty to a game law violation, what ever step he may have moved us forward...this undoes and moves us 10 step backwards..

Yep, if he truely cares about hunting, then he would take resposibility and fight for what he feels is right. An average person with just a voice and no money would probably pay the fine but voice a very loud opinion. But a person with his income should fight it and try to change this situation so that it doesn't happen again. That is what a real sportsman would do.

nickel back

Some people need to do some research on old uncle Ted before you go worshiping him. Some things he has done are borderline criminal. Convincing an underaged girls parents to sign over parental rights to him so he could do whatever whith her is just an example. I know a radio dj who had to interview him once and said he was the rudest jerk he had ever met,cussing out an intern because of the quality of an apple that was brought to him. There is also the question of the illegitimate child he has that he refused support of for many years. I dont know that to be true but it has been rumored for a long time and I have never seen him openly deny it. Im sorry this is not a man I want representing me for anything. I sometimes agree with what he says but always dissagree with the way he says it. I also think there are many people that do as much to present our sport and way of life in a respectful manor. If I was a neutral person and was on the fence about hunting in general and happened to be flipping channels and he was on his antics would turn my stomach and I would probably think every one of us was that way. Its not the antis that we have to convince because they are not going to change there mind its the people in the middle who are on the fence who will determine how hard we have to fight in the future and he hurts our chances with them in my opinion.

I agree with ya.

reylamb

If he has never broken any game laws why plead no contest? To save himself hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hogwash. To prevent his friends of being convicted of felonies? Hogwash. His statement is simply nothing short of trying to turn himself into the victim and lay blame at the feet of the prosecutors. Gestapo tactics....Hogwash.

Why does he fail to mention that his no contest plea led to the dropping of the more serious charge of killing an illegal deer? The buck he shot did not meet the antler restrictions for where he was hunting. Since he plead to the less serious offence the other charge was dropped. No mention of that one, huh Ted? Nope, never breaks game laws, he is a saint I tell ya.

Research the man's history. From the underage relationship, the illegitimate children, draft dodging, etc,etc,etc. If that is who you want representing you, fine and dandy, but he does not represent me.

letliloneswalk

Go Ted you are da man! lot of jealous people out there too bad

Let GOD keep shining on you and keep that great smile on your face!
You rock man!
May GOD be with you - Gen 1 :26-29