The Jehovah's Witnesses are Calling!

gordon 2

I got a very friendly call this morning from a young lady ( saying right from the start she was JW and was calling because they can't come to my door for obvious reason.) First item was as when they always come to my door is " Do you think that we live the way God intended?" with reference to the times.

I got to get a few points across more than if she had been on my front steps I suspect because I explained first thing that JW have a one way communications going and they don't listen-- because in the JW outlook I don't have ears to hear as I'm not a JW. ( Hear has the word ear in it, first time I see that.)

Anyway, I agree that the life God meant for human beings is not what we presently live. She explained that the bible said.... And I said the bible does not have a mouth to say anything. And explained briefly. She wanted to call back I told her not to because my hearing sucks... I'm not good on phones.

She left me with a suggestion to read a few verses in scripture so I could have hope. She positively stroked me in that she said that she could tell that I had been thinking about spiritual issues, which I suspect was meant positively. This is better than when some come to my door and trying to engage with them on outlook and bible items---it has been said of me, " He's weird! When someone thought I was not listening as they said this." LOL

In any case... I feel that they needed my verbal response to confirm my presence to the topic they were putting forward, which means body language does not cut it on the phone... and so it was a very kind and more human experience then when JW have ministered at my door.

So I now think that the problem might not be the one way conversations as the spirit seems to be willing on the phone but the body might be weak in person. :)

Last edited: