The one time I didn't carry.............

Bobby Bigtime

A few years back the wife and youngest daughter and I were going on a hike. When we were gearing up I decided to leave the sidearm. The wife didn't like that idea but I told her that it would be fine and I really didn't want to carry it. A mile up the trail we ran into griz tracks. We debated turning back but I told the girls if we turn back now we would be forever turning back. Griz are a fact of life here. we went the rest of the way and there were no problems. I have not left it behind since.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I carry a 1911 cocked and locked with 2 spare mags, a 3.5" EDC knife that is so sharp it will cut you if you look at it wrong. Leave me and mine be and you won't end up shot and/ or cut.

chuckdog

My year round EDC is a 10 or 11 year old P3AT.

It's the easiest to conceal, reliable, comfortable to carry handgun I own. It's also one of the lowest cost ones.

It ain't pretty, but it works!

The .380 caliber ain't my top choice for protection, but if you see me I have it. That's because I don't have to think about whether or not this prints or will be uncomfortable.

I think someone else stated they'd be more likely to leave home without their wallet. That's me too.

A Springfield XDS chambered in 9mm is added when I'm wearing a jacket or an untucked shirt. I don't want a manual safety on any carry weapon.

Unless you're carrying a S/A, like a 1911 I see the manual safety the same as I would appearing on a D/A revolver. An unnecessary impediment.

treemanjohn

Banned
I know this is a gun toting thread, but don't under estimate the usefulness of a sharp assisted opening pocket knife. I use a Blur tanto . It will easily pierce a 55 gal drum. Knives are a great way to get people off of you if you hit the ground

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is a gun toting thread, but don't under estimate the usefulness of a sharp assisted opening pocket knife. I use a Blur tanto . It will easily pierce a 55 gal drum. Knives are a great way to get people off of you if you hit the ground
Every day of my life, I have at least two knives on me. I think of them more as tools than weapons, but they will function well in either capacity.

SC Hunter

You don't have to have a gun or knife with you(I always do but anyway) a truck key can make somebody think twice about what their doing. Ever been jabbed in the ribs or sternum with a silverado key? I have and it hurts really bad. ? if we're to the point of rolling around and I'm unarmed, I'm digging a key into your sternum and trying to break a joint of some sort.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

You don't have to have a gun or knife with you(I always do but anyway) a truck key can make somebody think twice about what their doing. Ever been jabbed in the ribs or sternum with a silverado key? I have and it hurts really bad. ? if we're to the point of rolling around and I'm unarmed, I'm digging a key into your sternum and trying to break a joint of some sort.

I kept thinking about the cat on YouTube, Amari King. “Silver Raid O”.....Chevy motors are made out of lightning bolts and virgin’s blessings.

He’s done some prison time.....probably would have loved to have had a key during one of the likely scraps he was in.

You make a good point, though. Lots of ways to inflict damage and persuade a thug to leave you alone.

jrickman

In the last 5 years, I have only been without my M&P Shield on my person twice (other than voting or walking into the courthouse), and in one of those instances it was easily within sprinting distance. Both those times were over 3 years ago and will not be repeated. That little 9mm is a game changer in terms of convenience, and buying myself a squat rack, barbell/plates, and my own rower means I no longer even have to disarm to hit the gym. With the sole exception of government buildings, if a venue intends to actively prevent me from carrying, oh well...I don’t go. I can listen to recorded music and watch football games on TV just fine.

rosewood

Without a lot of detail, I will say that I almost got into a very tense situation yesterday, and it was one of the RARE evenings that I didn't have my CC friend with me. Initially, my confidence was high and I almost pushed it, but then realized I was not armed. .

I too carry always unless there is some "you may go to jail for life" location.

I have to say, if you was able to avoid the situation because you realized you was not armed, even if armed, you should still have avoided the situation. Avoidance should always be first choice. Explaining to a jury why you didn't avoid is far more difficult than avoiding in many cases. Granted, I do not know your full situation.

Rosewood

bullgator

I’ve asked many women who worked in an office alone or maybe with one or two other women if they were allowed to have weapons there......just in case. Most times they said no and I offered a little advice. I told them to get a can of wasp and hornet spray and keep it right on their desk. Nobody will hardly take notice and the stream usually goes 25’ or so. They guy that gets a face/eye full of that will quickly change his mind.

ditchdoc24

I carry at least one Glock and a spare mag daily on my person as well as a very sharp folding knife. Since an incident 3 years ago, I've also usually got an AR-15 and several loaded mags close by. The family and I went to Colorado 2 summers ago to visit some friends. I took my AR pistol and a plate carrier with me. I will NEVER be unarmed.

Latest posts