That One Backpack Item

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Benadryl….not even allergic to anything, but just in case.
Gutless method accessories include a 30 liter tac sac with game bag, knife(s), sharpener.
Typicals-Headlamp with xtra batteries, backup release, lighter(also backup), water bladder, wipes & TP, protein bar,

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I use a Scottish Sporan with a shoulder strap to keep the few items I need in. It hangs by the door so I can grab it and my gun when I head for the swamp. In it always are firekit, predator call, scratch box, tiny bottle of bug dope, length of cordage, pocketknife, licences, roll up gun rod, small bottle with blood clotter and benadryl, compass, and knife sharpener.

Light, portable, and with my gun and walking stick, all I need in the woods.

Hillbilly stalker

Probably not too many have this homemade deer drag.
I keep a 4 foot piece of mule tape under the elastic shell holder on my rifle. I break off a limb somewhere for a handle. I been known to run a cedar limb thru their nose to drag them with too.

I have found a cheap pack of chem lights are useful when hunting in the swamp. If you have to make 2 trips to get meat or a stand out…..one hung on a limb will save a lot of navigating after dark. The party section at Wal mart has them for $2. You can hang them on a stand and find it easier the next morning also. Saves a lot of stumbling around and scenting up a,place in the dark.

Ive never carried a backpack, a small haversack is about all I use.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What I know is 99% of you drive to where you hunt, the same day, plan on eating lunch and getting back to the same truck. All while, never going 1/2 mile from the truck? And smell like local BBQ before you hit the stand in the afternoon.

But, pack like you are on an AT Hike for 50 miles through the White mtns..

Ya never know when you might need that fire striking tool within sight of your truck!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

krizia829

What I know is 99% of you drive to where you hunt, the same day, plan on eating lunch and getting back to the same truck. All while, never going 1/2 mile from the truck? And smell like local BBQ before you hit the stand in the afternoon.

But, pack like you are on an AT Hike for 50 miles through the White mtns..

Ya never know when you might need that fire striking tool within sight of your truck!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't we all?? Lol

I wish I can just get in the truck and go hunt. It takes me 8-9 hours to get from home to the stand! So yes, I'm part of that 99% that pack like I need to survive out there if needed :LOL:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I never forget a cooler on afternoon hunts.

jmac7469

Not gonna lie this old man we hunted with told me this one time and Ive had one in my pack ever since. Its a back scratcher. When that yellow fly getsbyou just under the shoulder blade a back scratcher is a god sent item.

specialk

I keep extra stuff in my pack so i dont have to walk back to truck or camp....striking paper 2 ply and a GOOD flashlight....im lazy....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't carry much that I usually don't if I'm doing a morning or evening stand hunt. (I always carry a couple knives, pistol, spare mag, couple of lighters, etc. in my pockets no matter what I'm doing) Might hang a pair of compact nocs and a grunt call around my neck and stick a drag rope and small headlamp in my pocket. No backpack.
If I'm going back in the mountains all day, I'll carry a daypack with some water or a filter, drag rope, and maybe a small six-point set of rattling horns, and a ziplock for the heart. Probably a pack or two of crackers and maybe some jerky or mixed nuts. I just don't tote a bunch of stuff. I really don't understand the obsession over toilet paper on here. Must be an epidemic of spastic diarrhea or dysentery in GA? I go to the bathroom before I go out to hunt. On the rare occasion nature calls, there are leaves a foot deep on the ground and growing on the bushes. I wonder how people survived several hundred thousand years without Charmin? :)

Last edited: