Thoughts? From people with non-sheeple brains

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You asked which one I wanted to use. :huh:

Yes I did and now I guess we have to go through the multiple definitions and see how they all fit.

I'll give you credit for getting the easy one out of the way.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Christianity believes Jesus is the Son of God (creator of the universe).

Let's get back to Ambush's lucky crankbait......is it in the running to be God? Did it create the universe, or was it created?

Anybody who is worshipping the lucky crankbait is not worshipping God, whether they call it god or not.

Let's forget the word God for a moment......and discuss my old dog.

How many people can come up with some kind-of description of my old dog, not knowing anything about my old dog, and be completely wrong about my dog......and still be talking about my dog?

First I have to assume you actually had an old dog.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Yes I did and now I guess we have to go through the multiple definitions and see how they all fit.

I'll give you credit for getting the easy one out of the way.

A person of my belief system will hold that one in higher regard then others, but, we can use one of your preference for the sake of discussion.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes, you would. I did, but I get your point as well.

You can easily show us pics of your old dog, show us the kennel or bed he slept in, show us the toys he fetched and chewed, show us the file that his veterinarian kept about his growth and health. You might even go so far as to have some of his shed hair tested to confirm it actually was a dog. You might..in order to prove there was a dog show us where he is buried and actually dig him up...if you really wanted to prove to use that it was a dog you owned.
It would eliminate the need to make uninformed guesses about most things about your dog and immediately give us a clearer understanding about your dog so that we can make better informed guesses. We would be convinced there is a dog and it is your dog. As we get into more details we can still get some things wrong about your dog, we can have faith that what we believe about your dog is true even though you know it is incorrect...ultimately we still would be wrong.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
A person of my belief system will hold that one in higher regard then others, but, we can use one of your preference for the sake of discussion.

The stanford link describes a few.

ambush80

Christianity believes Jesus is the Son of God (creator of the universe).

Let's get back to Ambush's lucky crankbait......is it in the running to be God? Did it create the universe, or was it created?

Anybody who is worshipping the lucky crankbait is not worshipping God, whether they call it god or not.

Let's forget the word God for a moment......and discuss my old dog.

How many people can come up with some kind-of description of my old dog, not knowing anything about my old dog, and be completely wrong about my dog......and still be talking about my dog?

Whoa! Leave my crankbait out of this. I just said that it has magic powers that I confirm by faith 'cause I believe. Try to tell me I'm wrong. By the way, whenever I use it to conjure fish, it always answers: "Yes, No or Wait." Never lied to me yet. It's supernatural. Don't try to use your carnal mind to understand it.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Whoa! Leave my crankbait out of this. I just said that it has magic powers that I confirm by faith 'cause I believe. Try to tell me I'm wrong. By the way, whenever I use it to conjure fish, it always answers: "Yes, No or Wait." Never lied to me yet. It's supernatural. Don't try to use your carnal mind to understand it.

:bounce: I was wonderin' if I could drag you into this'n.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Yeah.
It can be supernatural without being god.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We could probably do a whole thread on that essay. I read the first 5 or so paragraphs and already found a few points of contention.

It is the message...look past the contention.

Israel

BANNED
So it is all a personal thing?

Or is The One True God responsible for me and my thoughts and me expressing those thoughts here?
Yes.
To both.

Last edited: