Truck shopping?

Cmp1

BANNED
Unless the injectors , injection pump ,or lift pump fail, and they costs thousands to fix at least the first two do, I worked on Diesels for 40 plus years, nothing has the torque like a diesel, but once the warranty is out you better have some $$ set aside for repairs!!

This is true,,,, same with the Allison, I imagine,,, the 5.7 probably is pretty expensive to work on also,,,, did you only work on diesels? I need front u joints on mine right now,,,, there going,,,,

one hogman

This is true,,,, same with the Allison, I imagine,,, the 5.7 probably is pretty expensive to work on also,,,, did you only work on diesels? I need front u joints on mine right now,,,, there going,,,,

I was heavy truck Mechanic then Ran a bus shop for the last 23 years I retired a few years back, I like to hear them run but they can be expensive to own, My gas truck will pull 10,000 Lbs, if I needed to pull heavy a lot I would look at one but otherwise it is an expensive fad IMO.

T-N-T

I was heavy truck Mechanic then Ran a bus shop for the last 23 years I retired a few years back, I like to hear them run but they can be expensive to own, My gas truck will pull 10,000 Lbs, if I needed to pull heavy a lot I would look at one but otherwise it is an expensive fad IMO.

No. My gas 2500 could pull my camper fine. But my diesel can pull my camper as I pull out to pass you while I only have to ease into the throttle, rather than make it sound like it is going to blow up.
All about having reserve when it's time to get up and go.

Cmp1

BANNED

I'm happy with my 5.7,,,, buddy of mine has a diesel,,,, man that thing is loud,,,, and expensive,,,,

one hogman

No. My gas 2500 could pull my camper fine. But my diesel can pull my camper as I pull out to pass you while I only have to ease into the throttle, rather than make it sound like it is going to blow up.
All about having reserve when it's time to get up and go.

Depends on the weight, AND I never try to get in a hurry if I am towing which isn't a lot , My tractor and trailer are at 8000 lbs combined that's about all I wanna tow with a half ton truck.

doesplitter

I have 16 Ram. I've put 30k miles. Has a 8 speed trams built by zf who got their start building transfer for semi trucks.get about 21 mpg and is fast.

doesplitter

Stupid auto correct

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
When I decide to get something newer, it will be a Ford. Still driving my 03 Lariat 4x4. Rolled it off the lot with 14 miles. It just rolled over 301K. Original drive train. The 5.4 Triton is as reliable as they come.