USPS sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Dub

my local mail carrier looks like they used to work at the local fried chicken place taking orders,, and my local PO is staffed with the rudest , laziest people you would ever want to deal with

I am hugely fortunate as the usual carrier that delivers to my house is as nice and sweet as the day is long. She is friendly, hard working and someone I simply enjoy seeing frequently.

The local Post Office I use is staffed with some really nice folks, too. Same people have been there for a long time. They are friendly & efficient. Dealt with one of their younger managers a while back when some Lee casting molds were lost in shipping. She was super.

ATL is the spot where my stuff repeatedly gets delayed if it passes through their void. It is reliably slow & inept at tracking problems. Anything heavy, such as a shoe box size shipment of bullets will most certainly get delayed for a couple of weeks, showing last destination as ATL, then I'll enter a claim for lost package, which ny local folks process and then handle.....then two days later my "lost" heavy package shows up en route to my local people.

I've had two rifles and handgun parts get routed, rerouted and delayed for a couple weeks each. It was nail chewing time with each of them. Wanna guess where the problem occurred......yep, they went into the ATL void for a while.

@pacecars , many of us have felt the aggravation you are going through now. Keep us updated.
Hoping your gun makes it unscathed.

deerslayer357

My Tikka shipped usps a couple weeks ago. Seller delivered it to CA post office and tracking showed it was there until the day it was delivered at my LGS, a week later. What is the point in tracking if it doesn’t TRACK the package?

Blackston

Good friend is a Tug boat captain, he ordered a silencer USPS dropped it off on front porch, it sat there 2 weeks until he got home . Supposed to have been signed for , tax stamp and all documentation in package

• Wow
Reactions: Dub

transfixer

I think the higher ups are trying to make it so bad it will privatize and the powers that be can steal money from the people

the USPS should have been privatized, or sold somehow to a private company long ago, it has always been a money loser for as long as I can remember, Government workers have ZERO incentive to do a good job , they can't be fired without being brought before a group of people, and given more chances, the contract workers might be different,

Many years back, in the 70's or 80's we used to hear about postal workers losing it and "going postal" shooting co-workers or supervisors, not sure what caused that, now I believe the majority of the carriers just don't care, they have a job they don't like, and it shows

Gbr5pb

the USPS should have been privatized, or sold somehow to a private company long ago, it has always been a money loser for as long as I can remember, Government workers have ZERO incentive to do a good job , they can't be fired without being brought before a group of people, and given more chances, the contract workers might be different,

Many years back, in the 70's or 80's we used to hear about postal workers losing it and "going postal" shooting co-workers or supervisors, not sure what caused that, now I believe the majority of the carriers just don't care, they have a job they don't like, and it shows
Working there 30+ years I’ll have to disagree most of the workers want to do the job until the fill a quota management beats it out of them

transfixer

Working there 30+ years I’ll have to disagree most of the workers want to do the job until the fill a quota management beats it out of them
Maybe some of the PO's in the better areas, with long time workers, I've been in Douglas county almost 30yrs, never had what I consider decent service out of my local PO in 30134

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think this is an Atlanta area problem. I have had exactly 0 issues with USPS here. Fedex is a different story. They are horrible.

pacecars

Forgot to update everyone but it actually made it safe and sound to the dealer!!! No damage to the gun or case. I still do t know why it took so long or why they did not contact me and tell me they found it but at least it is there and I didn’t have to go through the process of filing a claim!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered two things from Amazon two days ago, delivered by USPS. One coming here, one going to north Georgia. Both arrived today.

Jester896

Senior Clown
my new to me NightForce NSX left MO on Tuesday, a 2-3 day delivery. It has been in Orlando since yesterday...BTW they usually go to Jacksonville-Tallahassee-then here.

Tracking says it will be here tomorrow

Gaswamp

Great time for USPS to make a hike on postage in July:sick: