Vintage Lures

Big7

The Oracle
Little George did not have a lip and had a spinner on the tail if i remember correctly.
Definitely could get some distance with the Little George. It worked better as a jigging bait like a spoon IMO.

I had forgotten about those lures.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Curiosity got the best of me.
Got it out of the case for a closer look and the only markings are on the steel lip.

1686164681511.png
ARBO-GASTER

Any body ever heard of it?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Curiosity got the best of me.
Got it out of the case for a closer look and the only markings are on the steel lip.

View attachment 1231550
ARBO-GASTER

Any body ever heard of it?
Fred Arbogast came out with the Jitterbug, Hulapoppers for top water and others including the Mudbud, and the Arbo Gaster for bottom fishing carving them out of broom sticks. in the late 20's and early 30's.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Fred Arbogast came out with the Jitterbug, Hulapoppers for top water and others including the Mudbud, and the Arbo Gaster for bottom fishing carving them out of broom sticks. in the late 20's and early 30's.
Thanks.
I was looking for a history.
Still can't remember how I came across it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Old lures used by Dad and I years ago. I won't use them because a line can break and they would be lost like many were back in the day. My favorites were he Orlando Shiner, and Dalton Special for top. Silver spoon with pork rind in the pads for underwater. And of course, the fake eel that was made of pork rind first before the rubber worms came out. Fish photo from the early 60's. My old Orlando Clipper boat, still have it.

Attachments

• antique lures.jpg
    antique lures.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 25
  • bass 1963.jpg
    bass 1963.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Thanks.
I was looking for a history.
Still can't remember how I came across it.
After he died in .. I think '48 or '50, whoever took over the company started building them into plastic.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Nice collections, I don’t own any vintage lures personally. My pops has two identical to these that I remember. I also have 20 handmade wooden lures from a local guy, they’re in the attic currently. They were made way back in the 1990’s.C2B4D714-9999-4771-A014-0841A0C73A10.png9CD88FB1-7860-4399-8444-3DBE220C3833.png

Those old lures bring back memories of me digging in Dad's tacklebox. He had quite a few lures and I learned their names.
So far I haven't seen a photo of a "Lazy Ike", or a "Mirro-lure". Dad liked to cast his big black "Bomber" but I don't remember him ever catching anything with it. Actually that kinda goes with most of his lures.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Those old lures bring back memories of me digging in Dad's tacklebox. He had quite a few lures and I learned their names.
So far I haven't seen a photo of a "Lazy Ike", or a "Mirro-lure". Dad liked to cast his big black "Bomber" but I don't remember him ever catching anything with it. Actually that kinda goes with most of his lures.
In the big haul I mentioned, I had a pile of Cisco Kid lures which are very similar to the original Mirro Lures. I also got a little tiny diving Mirro Lure, which I’ve never seen before. IMG_5928.jpegIMG_5936.jpeg

In the big haul I mentioned, I had a pile of Cisco Kid lures which are very similar to the original Mirro Lures. I also got a little tiny diving Mirro Lure, which I’ve never seen before. View attachment 1234891View attachment 1234892
WOW! what a haul. My Dad had a big black "Old Pal" tacklebox that opened up and had 3 trays on either side. It was packed with old quality lures on both sides. In the bottom he had probably 20-25 new in the box lures. He and I both loved them. Dad's fear of hanging one up and losing it was greater than his desire to catch a fish with one of them. He was a collector before collecting them was cool. Years later when Dad was in his 70's I asked him if I could get his box out and look through it again. He told me that he had given it to my *** stepbrother (who didn't fish). I was heartbroken to say the least. The stepbrother didn't even show up at Dad's funeral.

Last edited:

BassRaider

I have a Bomber Spinstick Coachdog (never used in box) that I got from Bassmaster for 30yr anniversary. I've had it for 25 yr so how old does it have to be to be considered vintage?

menhadenman

Y’all made me bite. Had go to the garage to find the only one I have left. Little Cleo Wigl. Quick internet search says it’s 1950s/60s.

My uncle (mid 80s today but still sharp) gave me a bunch of tackle back in the 90s and a few of these gems were in the mix. Of course I didn’t know better and burnt a few down trying to catch those daggone grass pickerel.

I should probably get this one framed. Near as I can tell @Nicodemus and @NCHillbilly have seen a couple lures, curious if they’ve crossed this one.

F7D30FA0-D690-4285-B838-4148C6DA935A.jpeg759B4105-2787-438A-8373-4E904029368A.jpeg