Walmart closing on Thanksgiving....

transfixer

I don't / won't use the self checkout lines at stores, don't patronize Walmart as a rule anyway, but back when I did the self checkout things were just beginning, and they checked receipts way before they became a thing, so they were basically saying we don't trust our cashiers to ring everything up it appears ? I imagine in some areas cashiers were having friends come through their line and they were sliding things by without letting them ring up ?

Walmart as a company is despicable, caving to the political winds of the liberal group think , and evidently treat their employees as disposable from what I understand ? if they were still the company they were when Sam Walton was alive I would shop there ! the company they have turned into I totally despise and unless I have no other choice and can't do without something I WILL NOT grace their doors !

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Fairly sure they can’t demand your receipt once you’ve paid for your items. 4th amendment and all.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Fairly sure they can’t demand your receipt once you’ve paid for your items. 4th amendment and all.
I guess line the guy who just grabbed the cart with the big Screens on it goes to the door and tries to go out. It’s ok. Don’t ask for a receipt. With all them 4th admen rights. :bounce:
He got it to the door. It’s his. Lols.
Help load and make sure u get the cart back.

transfixer

I've seen lawyers do videos where they say they cannot legally demand to see your receipt , not sure if that holds in all states or not ? as I stated earlier, I don't shop Walmart anyway, another independent store that also requests your receipt before you leave the store is Adventure outdoors ! apparently they don't trust their cashiers either ? but I don't like Adventure outdoors because of their arrogant attitude, and if I can find something anywhere else I will not grace their doors either !

GeorgiaGlockMan

Serious question about Walmart to y’all…

Am I the only one whose blood begins to boil when they ask to see my receipt on the way out the door???
Nope, not gonna happen if I am forced to ring my own and be the bag boy....make sure to tell them that too.
Why do most people feel violated when ask to show a receipt but proudly pee in a cup when ask to do a drug test?
I guess it's "the employment contract thingy".

I've done 1 but never at wally world.

Lilly001

There has been a lot of activity on the receipt checking issue.
A lot depends on your State’s laws, but in most the consensus is that they can not require the check unless they have probable cause to believe that you have unpaid for merchandise.
But they can keep you from taking their cart outside the store.
Utube is full of these incidents. Some get violent.
And Walmart has tried to bully people by demanding civil fees in exchange for dropping criminal charges in disputed cases.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Sam's checks every receipt.
My wife has their app - you scan your items as you load them in your cart then on the way out they scan a couple of items in your cart.

Baroque Brass

Just for kicks.....why not close the liquor stores nationwide on the weeks that Christmas & Thanksgiving fall on.

Sort of a mini-fasting to better hone the focus on the meaning of those holidays.
If that decision is made, be sure to let us know so we can stock up before they close. ;)

specialk

Sam's checks every receipt.
My wife has their app - you scan your items as you load them in your cart then on the way out they scan a couple of items in your cart.

Been using this for over a year, wish the grocery stores offered this ...

furtaker

When they check your vision at the little eyeglass store inside Walmart, they cover one eye at a time and ask you how many teeth the cashier has.

Baroque Brass

When they check your vision at the little eyeglass store inside Walmart, they cover one eye at a time and ask you how many teeth the cashier has.
Would be an appropriate sobriety test at Waffle House.