Washington state spring bear hunt

Whit90

You guys hear about the Washington spring bear season being canceled? Supposedly it’s legal to shoot lactating females in Washington and a bunch of anti hunting groups got organized and flooded the commissioners with their comments during the open comment period. This really makes me wonder how many more generations will have the legal right to hunt in this country. I feel that if we give an inch they will take a mile, until we don’t have anything left.

Here is a petition that was put together to put the hunt back on schedule.

https://www.change.org/p/jay-inslee-bring-back-spring-bear-hunting-for-washington-state-2022-season

ddd-shooter

You guys hear about the Washington spring bear season being canceled? Supposedly it’s legal to shoot lactating females in Washington and a bunch of anti hunting groups got organized and flooded the commissioners with their comments during the open comment period. This really makes me wonder how many more generations will have the legal right to hunt in this country. I feel that if we give an inch they will take a mile, until we don’t have anything left.

Here is a petition that was put together to put the hunt back on schedule.

https://www.change.org/p/jay-inslee-bring-back-spring-bear-hunting-for-washington-state-2022-season
Already signed. Guess I was lax to share. Great job whit

As clay Newcomb says, guard the gate...

Whit90

I remember @C.Killmaster saying a spring bear season in GA would be low hanging fruit for the Anti Hunters and could domino from there. I like our season just the way it is.

No doubt! I agree, we wouldn’t want to draw anymore attention from those who wish to end hunting simply because they think it’s cruel. Although any loss of a hunting season due to anti hunters is a huge loss for all hunters, no matter if it doesn’t directly affect us.

Swampdogg

https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action
Everyone should get involved , we might not live there or ever hunt there but 3 states are fighting to keep their bear and predator hunting rights. takes a less than a minute to join the fight. The antis are Non stop every year and maybe one year we may need the help if they ever try to petition to a take bear hunting away from us down here . The link has pre written letters. Put a name and email and done.
They go for low hanging fruit 1st and next thing you know deer and squirrels are next.

HardlyHangin

Everyone should get involved , we might not live there or ever hunt there but 3 states are fighting to keep their bear and predator hunting rights. takes a less than a minute to join the fight. The antis are Non stop every year and maybe one year we may need the help if they ever try to petition to a take bear hunting away from us down here . The link has pre written letters. Put a name and email and done.
They go for low hanging fruit 1st and next thing you know deer and squirrels are next.
I signed and sent the letter. Guard the gate!

Whit90

As @Swampdogg suggested, the howl for wildlife site makes it easy to send in your two cents. I just sent the 4 pre written letters in for the 4 bills that have been passed. It took me 3 minutes probably. Yall go get on it! Dont let this crap happen here.... it probably will though. Oh well, lets do what we can!!

Swampdogg

Thank you to anybody that already has done this .

Last Day to help out some fellow bear hunters before they lose a season. Any little bit helps . Takes just a minute to send pre written letters to all the states.

When it comes the time and the antis try it over here I 100% believe these organizations fighting for hunting privileges will spread the word and do the same for us. The days of “not my problem or I don’t even hunt that or out there , are gone”.
Most of this happens because we think everything is fine or it won’t happen here and while we’re sleeping these groups that want to take it away are commenting or trying to get bills passed under our noses.
There are more of us than them, we just need to stand up and show it.

fi8shmasty

Colorado has a bill to ban bobcat,lynx and mountain lion hunting,....
They already approved reintroduction of non native Canadian wolves.

Swampdogg

Colorado has a bill to ban bobcat,lynx and mountain lion hunting,....
They already approved reintroduction of non native Canadian wolves.

Trying to stop that too, , low hanging fruit is predator hunting and trapping. One of those species is already banned from hunting and they threw that in there .

Swampdogg

Blood Origins
Western Bear Foundation
Howl For Wildlife
Sportsmen Alliance

Are all good for keeping up to date with what’s going on.
I despise politics but this is where we are at . Bills getting passed and privileges taken away by Politicians/antis ignorance and non science based decisions . But what is even more ignorant is us crying about it when it’s gone and wishing we did something to not let them win.
A lot of folks don’t even know this stuff was going on or mattered, I know I didn’t and am just trying to help spread the word.

Swampdogg

I posted this in @ddd-shooter thread
Here’s a little update on the bear stuff and some other bills
Here is some proof this stuff works. When we have so many that are against all forms of what we do in the outdoors ,when we team up and fight back even if not in our state or what we hunt for changes happen and the possibility of preserving our way of life or others continues. This helps everyone, the small game hunters , waterfowlers , big game , dog runners , predator hunters , and FUTURE HUNTERS everyone. The other day I watched the Washington commission come to an agreement about their spring bear season that was almost removed because of a technicality of a date. Now they may have a chance of getting the season back because hunters from everywhere spoke up.
The Howl page just makes it easier for folks to be heard. I for sure cant write an email that greatly worded to send to a politician. They take the guess work out and have it ready to go soon as another bill gets introduced trying to take away our hunting privileges.

Attachments

• E192D6D7-293B-4926-BBE8-C09667CFBA88.png
    E192D6D7-293B-4926-BBE8-C09667CFBA88.png
    285 KB · Views: 6
  • 49F38CB3-DF21-45CE-93B3-6124B3519A3E.png
    49F38CB3-DF21-45CE-93B3-6124B3519A3E.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 6