What are you thoughts on these stacked rocks?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
At first I thought they were chimneys for an old home place but as I got to looking at them closer; there ain't any morter. Not even a little bit. Then I found another one on a hillside where there couldn't have been a house. Also several stone piles in the vicinity. 20240223_143356.jpg20240223_143241.jpg20240223_143203.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is that part of a fireplace chimney in the back?

Pig Predator

Is that part of a fireplace chimney in the back?
3 different chimney looking stacks but no mortar. 2 of them are probably 40 feet apart and the one on the hillside is probably 300 yards away. They are all on the same side of the creek.

Pig Predator

I guess they coulda stuffed the cracks with moss back in the day too and its all just rotted over time. But if they were for fire, wouldn't the stones be black on the inside?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I guess they coulda stuffed the cracks with moss back in the day too and its all just rotted over time. But if they were for fire, wouldn't the stones be black on the inside?

You would think so. I know for a fact that charcoal and smut can last for thousands of years.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think I know where some graves are. They been ran over by logging.
Rock mounds like covering.

Pig Predator

With the lack of soot, I was suspecting cairns for important members of an archaic group. They're all on/at leading ridges and spring heads/branches are right beside them. I've also found almost every archaic artifact in my collection just a couple miles away. I figured they were damaged from logging and looters.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d think the mortar might have washed away, if there ever was some. I have no idea, but it was something useful at some point……it’d be so cool to travel back in time and see it in it’s hay day!