What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Picked up the compound for the 1st time since that day last November when I shot over the back of the giant in KS. The same day that I realized my mind is not working the same and I may not ever be able to ethically shoot a compound at an animal again. The same realization that caused me to say screw it and go buy a xbow to try and get through the season with hopefully tricking my mind into a quality shot.

The same xbow that I let the crank go of and it caused a compound fracture in my hand thus causing the rest of my season to be busted :bounce:

So saying all that, yesterday evening I pulled the compound back and flung one arrow with no pain in my hand. Hopefully I can fight through the snakes in my head and fling a few more and maybe just maybe I can fling another at a live animal.

slow motion

Picked up the compound for the 1st time since that day last November when I shot over the back of the giant in KS. The same day that I realized my mind is not working the same and I may not ever be able to ethically shoot a compound at an animal again. The same realization that caused me to say screw it and go buy a xbow to try and get through the season with hopefully tricking my mind into a quality shot.

The same xbow that I let the crank go of and it caused a compound fracture in my hand thus causing the rest of my season to be busted :bounce:

So saying all that, yesterday evening I pulled the compound back and flung one arrow with no pain in my hand. Hopefully I can fight through the snakes in my head and fling a few more and maybe just maybe I can fling another at a live animal.
The Godfather is BACK!!!!!!!!

No pain glad to hear it. Get back on the horse brother you got this.

Bucaramus

Been doing some late Clethodim spraying on clover plots yesterday and today.
If the weather is suitable I will spray some Glyphosate on brush, briars, roads and pathways tomorrow.

View attachment 1304276
Most of our roads we just keep mowed. I've always been scared to spray them thinking that we would just turn it into a muddy mess. Our roads look just like your plot. So I've seeded them with clover as well and a lot of the red clover took.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Most of our roads we just keep mowed. I've always been scared to spray them thinking that we would just turn it into a muddy mess. Our roads look just like your plot. So I've seeded them with clover as well and a lot of the red clover took.

My roads on this tract don’t get any vehicle traffic other than the golf cart and an occasional tractor. Trucks stop shortly inside the gate.

slow motion

Checked a UPS tracking # for some lease documents that I overnighted. Just over 60 bucks and it's several days late. Nobody's happy. Not good.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I shot a few arrows this afternoon. Been spending a bunch of time with a golf club in my hand lately, but shooting the bow was nice……and I was pleased

ditchdoc24

Paid my hunting club dues a couple weeks ago. I've been working extra jobs to cover that so we don't have to take the money out of savings. This week I'm just daydreaming about deer season and typing on a laptop. POST Instructor class is whooping my tail and I'm not going to get any relief from it until NEXT Friday. My cell camera keeps sending me pictures of pigs that need killing and I don't have the time to handle it right now.

slow motion

Checked a UPS tracking # for some lease documents that I overnighted. Just over 60 bucks and it's several days late. Nobody's happy. Not good.
Finally delivered. Not the best scenario but we move forward. Fall is a coming. Thinking about a few new stands and their placement. Usually a few deals over the summer.