What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

ditchdoc24

Pulled another pig out of the trap Friday morning on the Jasper County property. I need to start walking the property and mapping out all the existing stands. Saturday morning I went down to the lease in Monroe County with my hunting buddy. We filled a couple of trough feeders with corn and protein. We also put out salt blocks at a number of stands.

Attachments

• IMG_5665.jpeg
    IMG_5665.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 7

Blackston

Cleaned the 7 mag barrel … it had become less accurate ( been using a bore snake only ) Nitro solvent and brush should do it

slow motion

Knocked a skull mount off broke right nasal bone off. Left entire upper jaw. Lots of little pieces and flakes in floor. All the kings horses and such plus a big bottle of super glue and humpty dumpty will be still missing pieces. View attachment 1306351
Too many missing pieces of flakes and such. Wouldn't fit back together. A few of the pieces I have left but musta been 100 little inch or less pieces.
20240530_173832.jpg

Other jaw had a big crack already.
20240530_173847.jpg
Not known for wise decisions. Went drastic. Broke off the other upper jaw. 20240530_174020.jpg

A bit different but it might grow on me. If not I might take a masonry saw and square those protuding bones up a little.

20240530_174231.jpg20240530_174259.jpg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Too many missing pieces of flakes and such. Wouldn't fit back together. A few of the pieces I have left but musta been 100 little inch or less pieces.
View attachment 1308760

Other jaw had a big crack already.
View attachment 1308761
Not known for wise decisions. Went drastic. Broke off the other upper jaw. View attachment 1308763

A bit different but it might grow on me. If not I might take a masonry saw and square those protuding bones up a little.

View attachment 1308764View attachment 1308765

If you want to try something else they make these.

slow motion

Today I researched dealing with Vertigo and heights. Never had it before but am now 2 weeks into it and am a little worried about being in a tree
Hang in there brother. Don't know you're situation but this is worth a shot. Research Epley manuever. Sounds hokey but it's a real thing. You do it at home. Costs you nothing but a little time. If it works great. If not you can mark that off your list of possible causes.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hang in there brother. Don't know you're situation but this is worth a shot. Research Epley manuever. Sounds hokey but it's a real thing. You do it at home. Costs you nothing but a little time. If it works great. If not you can mark that off your list of possible causes.

Thanks Dale. Been doing the Epley maneuver couple times a day for 2 weeks. Definitely gives some relief but so far it's short term relief. Crazy how bad to room spins when the head is tilted just right. 1st episode was 2 Saturdays ago and it was bad enough that I went to the ER about 6 that evening not 100% sure what I had going on. Been with me off and on every day since. Today it's been the worst and it's hard walking but not as bad as that 1st day.

Now we can get back to the what did you do today that's related to deer hunting thread :bounce:

deast1988

Workday at the club, messed with a salt lick. Moved a feeder, put up a ground blind on a salt lick being hammered. We did general upkeep, lots of bush hogging. I cut lanes into a potential bow spot, cut out a lane to over look a possible gun spot. Lots of sweat equity today.