What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Kinda tough riding through the property today remembering the good times and memories I made there just in 3 years . But I did make a couple great friends there that have already invited me to come hunt with them . Not sure I’ll even go back unless it’s just to hang out and listen to their beagles run .
I’ll miss the sound of this spring fed creek flowing under my tree stand the most I think . I could sit in that spot for hours . Probably why I was successful there a few times . IMG_5590.jpegIMG_5591.jpeg

Blackston

Kinda tough riding through the property today remembering the good times and memories I made there just in 3 years . But I did make a couple great friends there that have already invited me to come hunt with them . Not sure I’ll even go back unless it’s just to hang out and listen to their beagles run .
I’ll miss the sound of this spring fed creek flowing under my tree stand the most I think . I could sit in that spot for hours . Probably why I was successful there a few times . View attachment 1311947View attachment 1311948
I’m gonna miss the pics of deer laying in that creek , what happened

antharper

Staff member
I’m gonna miss the pics of deer laying in that creek , what happened
Paper company !
Sold half of it , went up on price almost $4 acre . And the rest is still for sale .
Also it was a beagle training lease , and we had enough property that I could get away from them if they were running when I got there . The dogs don’t bother me or the deer but I don’t care to see people and hear them while hunting . I had a few hunts kinda messed up and I just feel it will be worse now with a lot less land . And the realtors really ticked me off at the end of last season .

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Fixing to harvest some arrowleaf clover seeds and broadcast it in my food plot. Wish it would have grown wild there instead of up by the road where it is. I’ve had deer eating it right by the road so it must be good to them.

antharper

Staff member
Me and my dad ride around the woods a little this morning . Put a couple bags of feed in our troughs . Checked cam I put on mineral lick last weekend . Had several small bucks and does hitting it. This was the best one . Daytime pic looks like a rather large deer in the background IMG_5601.jpegIMG_5602.jpeg

Blackston

Me and my dad ride around the woods a little this morning . Put a couple bags of feed in our troughs . Checked cam I put on mineral lick last weekend . Had several small bucks and does hitting it. This was the best one . Daytime pic looks like a rather large deer in the background View attachment 1312136View attachment 1312137
That thing is big bodied , I’m sayin county record!!! Or at least 139net !!!!

antharper

Staff member
Sounds like Legacy. They've been jacking everyone's lease through the roof. It's getting ridiculous.
Goldeneye timber ! And I understand everything is going up . And lease prices have to also . We had paid the same price the past 3 years $14.70 an acre I think . What didn’t set right with me was they sold over half our lease then went up almost $4 an acre . And the rest is still for sale

Blackston

Been dreaming about deer season all day. Coming home from work at 1 this morning and I saw 22 deer in my 32 mile drive. While that's not a whole lot, I saw one definite shooter and another that might be a shooter. I need to start shooting my bow.
And carrying it hahaha