What Is True?

welderguy

The Spirit causes a man to long for something that is not of this world...

...And also lose interest in many things that are of this world.

Last edited:

ambush80

The Spirit causes a man to long for something that is not of this world...

...And also lose interest in many things that are of this world.

What is it? What is it made of? How much does it weigh? Where is it located? How does it work? How can you test for it?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm giving Welder and Ritchie the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they can demonstrate that they know what they're talking about.

Yeah I realize what you are trying to accomplish.
Based on their unwillingness and inability to do so throughout this whole discussion already led me to to jump the gun.
I'll let you pluck this chicken for a while.

Last edited:

red neck richie

Tell me everything you know about the spirit.

Google it. I could tell you but you wont listen anyway. Round and round we go where it stops me and welder know. Walt, Ambush. Bullet y'all don't like NASCAR racing I'm shocked. I would also be shocked to find out y'all weren't conservative republicans.

Last edited:

centerpin fan

Now that we're almost 500 posts in, let's go back to this and see if there's anything to glean.

You know what the truth is but you don't how you know. You think that you "sense" the truth with a mysterious organ called the Spirit which you don't understand and can't describe.

I would say that you still don't know anything about the truth, even if by some chance it aligns with what you think it might be.

When you speak about the truth in this context you reveal, by your own admission, that you don't know what you're talking about.

I haven't really been following this thread, but I hope somebody has posted the obligatory Jack Nicholson clip. :biggrin3:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Google it. I could tell you but you wont listen anyway. Round and round we go where it stops me and welder know. Walt, Ambush. Bullet y'all don't like NASCAR racing I'm shocked. I would also be shocked to find out y'all weren't conservative republicans.
There is no need to be shocked when the information is at your disposal.
Instead of reading one source and basing all of your information (and beliefs) off of that one source just do some research.

I get the feeling you feel better guessing rather than knowing.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I haven't really been following this thread, but I hope somebody has posted the obligatory Jack Nicholson clip. :biggrin3:
People don't always want to know the truth.
The truth got Col. Jessup locked up.

welderguy

I'm giving Welder and Ritchie the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they can demonstrate that they know what they're talking about.

Based on what you said here...:

Quote ambush80 "I like when you tell people about it, too. Hopefully, a few of the readers will recognize it for what it is."

....it sounds like you already think you have all your answers. :deadhorse:

ambush80

I want to hear what you think. I've listened to everything you've said. Are you getting the impression that I'm not absorbing the information that you've shared?

Last edited:

ambush80

Based on what you said here...:

Quote ambush80 "I like when you tell people about it, too. Hopefully, a few of the readers will recognize it for what it is."

....it sounds like you already think you have all your answers. :deadhorse:

Then surprise me.

I thought you like sharing your spiritual wisdom with everybody. Lay it on me.

welderguy

Then surprise me.

I thought you like sharing your spiritual wisdom with everybody. Lay it on me.

I said I like telling people about my faith. Didn't say anything about having wisdom.
Matter of fact someone said my replies were "juvenile", and I don't know how to research.

But yet, here we are yet again.

...reminds me of that movie Groundhog Day, with Bill Murray.

red neck richie

I want to hear what you think. I've listened to everything you've said. Are you getting the impression that I'm not absorbing the information that you've shared?

Then whose spirit do you really want to hear about? The Holy spirit, your spirit ,my spirit ? Bullets spirit? It is the same thing as your soul. But if you don't believe you have one why explain? I cant tell if your seriously interested of playing games?

ambush80

Then whose spirit do you really want to hear about? The Holy spirit, your spirit ,my spirit ? Bullets spirit? It is the same thing as your soul. But if you don't believe you have one why explain? I cant tell if your seriously interested of playing games?

I'm serious. These questions have been asked from the beginning of mankind. There are ways to find out if something is true or not. They often involve proof or explanation. Can you give any?

welderguy

They are seriously interested in playing games. I assure you.

red neck richie

I'm serious. These questions have been asked from the beginning of mankind. There are ways to find out if something is true or not. They often involve proof or explanation. Can you give any?

Kind of like the OJ trial. Everybody knows he did it but you are not satisfied with the evidence. Matthew 11: 1-7. But you don't believe the bible to be true. Just like if the glove don't fit you must acquit.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The POINT of apologetics is having the ability to explain yourself, your beliefs, your experiences, your assertions and claims in ways that are relatable to the non religious.
Apologists posess that ability and that is why there is a forum for it.
You either have it or you don't but do not be so disingenous to come into and Atheists, Agnostics and Apologetics specific forum and
expect to not to be grilled about your broken record unprovable claims.
The constant biblical verses and baseless preaching to the choir is a few floors up where the real disagreements happen.

ambush80

They are seriously interested in playing games. I assure you.

That's pretty smug and a bit condescending. I don't mind. I just wanted to bring it to your attention if you didn't know it. You imply that I don't truly care about these things that we discuss.

ambush80

Kind of like the OJ trial. Everybody knows he did it but you are not satisfied with the evidence. Matthew 11: 1-7. But you don't believe the bible to be true. Just like if the glove don't fit you must acquit.

That's right. It's your job to prove what you claim. It's your task.