what size braid for trout rod

Ga. Swamper

what size and brand braid used with slip cork setup for trout
does slip knot work well on braid
never tried it

doomtrpr_z71

20lb is plenty, I usually use 30 in case of a red. I prefer the Berkley braid knot myself to avoid line slippage.

massafibassa

30lb for me. Braid is good for cork because it tends to float better. And yes slip knot works.

marlin

When I fished with live bait and a 8 to 10 inch cork I used 65 lb and 80 lb braid. Then added at least 2 ft of 20 lb fluorocarbon leader. If you hang up on anything break the leader put a new one on and back fishing in 5 mins.

Silver Bullet

As far as the stopper knot/ slip knot goes, after trying several bobber stops, I found the best thing to use was tying a uni knot over the braid with a short piece of 20# mono. It seems to stay put the best. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I found a guide's video on youtube.
sb

I find that the heavier braids are much easier to see when I'm tying and knots seem to hold better. I use any of the bobber-stopper knots or rubber stops.

Seanote

Pretty much agree with all posts. i use 50 lb. braid. I can see it better than 30 and I don't need as much line on my reel for inshore. Usually leader breaks before main line, saving a lot of floats.

Cumberlandjg

15# with the right rod and reel is more than plenty for trout and big reds. I usually tie my braid to mono for about 15 ft so its easier to rig a longer cork through and my leader is 20lb mono.

Now for Bull Reds, sure, 40# braided main line, 50-60lb leader.