When is God ever gonna show up?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I suspect some are like me in that I went a long time looking for the right recipe for God to show up in my life, only to find out that He was always there working. It was me that took my time showing up. I tried this, that and the other thing. I tried everyone's recipes, the Pentacostals, the Baptists, The Catholics, but each and every time I wanted to bring along my agenda, my perceptions, my ideas and wants. In truth, I wanted to bake a ME cake, for ME, using my ingredients, my preparation, my oven. I just wanted Him to bless it.

It don't work like that, or it didn't for me. It was only when everything had failed, all the recipes with my ingredients, with me doing the cooking, that I gave it up. I gave up cooking entirely and just said, "You do it." I'm done. And, He did. Looking back, I see I had been in the oven all along and all those attempts on my part were just the necessary ingredients being kneaded and given time to rise, before he applied the heat, but he was doing the cooking from day one.

j_seph

Unfortunately there are many with a false salvation given by man. A job only God can do!

j_seph

I suspect some are like me in that I went a long time looking for the right recipe for God to show up in my life, only to find out that He was always there working. It was me that took my time showing up. I tried this, that and the other thing. I tried everyone's recipes, the Pentacostals, the Baptists, The Catholics, but each and every time I wanted to bring along my agenda, my perceptions, my ideas and wants. In truth, I wanted to bake a ME cake, for ME, using my ingredients, my preparation, my oven. I just wanted Him to bless it.

It don't work like that, or it didn't for me. It was only when everything had failed, all the recipes with my ingredients, with me doing the cooking, that I gave it up. I gave up cooking entirely and just said, "You do it." I'm done. And, He did. Looking back, I see I had been in the oven all along and all those attempts on my part were just the necessary ingredients being kneaded and given time to rise, before he applied the heat, but he was doing the cooking from day one.
Listening to this to Brother Chris and at around 30 minutes in..........start liestening.
https://fb.watch/3TGBf5i6ft/

gordon 2

So SemperFiDawg what happened after you let go of the "cooking" from your recipe book and God did the "cooking" from his recipe book so that He showed up in your life? What did God cook for you?

gordon 2

Do you mean something like this heat as per the guy who Paul said this about:

"hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord."

Or do you mean another kind of heat? and so to destroy something else?