Who shoots dacron strings?

Al33

I realize you have to use dacron on many older bows, but who shoots dacron on bows that will handle FF strings? If so, why?

Of course, I grew up shooting dacron but most of my bows have FF strings now. I kind of miss the old dacron strings and the familar dull thump you hear when releasing an arrow.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I shoot dacron , flemish, and that quit dull thump is why. I don't mind the small amount of stretch after awhile either, it just gives me an excuse to "tinker" with my bow some ;)
I just like the ole dacron.
Jerald

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
i love dacron strings it's all i shoot on my bow's ....well my new 3pc longbow came with FF but it will be changed to dacron before season opens

Al33

Tell me why John?

I have been giving a lot of thought to going back to dacron, thus the reason for my thread.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
i love the quiteness(is that a word) of dacron and i think they are less hard on your bow. i dont see the gain of a few FPS being worth the time it takes to quite my bow down. my old savage river recurve never had silencers put on it cuz it was just that quite with dacron......just my 2cnts worth

Latest posts