Woody's and GON Gatherings...Past and Future

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I had forgotten I hosted a traditional archery shoot at my place one time, about 11 years ago or so. We had a pretty good trade blanket then too. A lot of good food and company that day. I don't have any photos of it, i know some was taken by others. I missed a couple of hunt get togethers that I planned on attending, that dirty word work got in the way. I'm fix'n to retire and would love attending another good event.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I remember hogguide being on here but not much about him. Met handgunner that weekend. Didn’t know him at all but he seemed nice. Weird to me that he just walked away from this place has never come back. Same with Muddyfoots who lives just up the road from me.
The list of those then and now is long.
Those were good times.

slow motion

I had forgotten I hosted a traditional archery shoot at my place one time, about 11 years ago or so. We had a pretty good trade blanket then too. A lot of good food and company that day. I don't have any photos of it, i know some was taken by others. I missed a couple of hunt get togethers that I planned on attending, that dirty word work got in the way. I'm fix'n to retire and would love attending another good event.
Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. Hope it's all you want it to be.

I attended a traditional shoot once. At Mr. Poole's place. Probably get this wrong but think it was the Southwest Ga Traditional Archery Club. He invited me and the oldest son down to instruct us on making a self bow. Very nice folks. Provided everything. Fed us too. Wouldn't even let me chip in for the BBQ they bought. We had a blast and my son walked away with a bow. He never killed anything with it but hunted almost exclusively with it for a couple years. It resides in AZ at his house now as hes grown and married. Maybe one day he can get a desert deer with it. Thanks for refreshing my memory about it Sir. Good times.