Would you in todays America?

georgia_home

this may help ya answer…

IMG_2879.png

With pictures,……..I could better answer this after factoring in the risk/reward part of the question.

slow motion

When I was a teenager I gave even less thought to being “safe” than I do now.

The obsession with safety is a pernicious beast in this country now. You can live a full life or a safe life. You can’t do both.
Those who would give up liberty for security.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Probably as safe or safer to go parking now as ever. That movie The Town That Dreaded Sundown was based on true events that happened in the 40s.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Probably as safe or safer to go parking now as ever. That movie The Town That Dreaded Sundown was based on true events that happened in the 40s.
And, I'm pretty sure that the kids are still doing some parking.

Our ol' buddy Charles B. Pierce from Boggy Creek made a good movie on that in the 70's. Didn't have a song like "Hey there Travis Crabtree" in it but still a good one. :LOL:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And, I'm pretty sure that the kids are still doing some parking.

Our ol' buddy Charles B. Pierce from Boggy Creek made a good movie on that in the 70's. Didn't have a song like "Hey there Travis Crabtree" in it but still a good one. :LOL:
And nobody sees the flowers bloom but me...
That was one of the greatest movies of all time, but I never could figure out why they just randomly stuck that song in the middle of it. :)

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
And nobody sees the flowers bloom but me...
That was one of the greatest movies of all time, but I never could figure out why they just randomly stuck that song in the middle of it. :)
Ol' Travis was a swamper. It'd take more than a monster to keep him out of the swamps and it'll take more than occasional crime to keep kids today from parking. I remember being young and invincible.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Ol' Travis was a swamper. It'd take more than a monster to keep him out of the swamps and it'll take more than occasional crime to keep kids today from parking. I remember being young and invincible.
Still not two of my movie choices for drive-in movie dates. Never bothered me, but even Nat King Cole in the 8-track wasn't gonna get you no "snuggling" after she "tried" to watch either.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Still not two of my movie choices for drive-in movie dates. Never bothered me, but even Nat King Cole in the 8-track wasn't gonna get you no "snuggling" after she "tried" to watch either.
Couple buddies of mine went and watched "The Creature From Black Lake" when they were teenagers, then went camping that night. One of them said they were sitting there on the lakebank all wound up jumping at every little sound, and when a beaver slapped its tail on the water, they all went hightailing it for the truck. :bounce:

transfixer

Went to Sweetwater state park a few times, in the back where you parked to walk the trail to the ruins, got interrupted by the park rangers once or twice,

I used to tent camp/van camp all over North Ga in my late teens early twenties, Blue Ridge wma, Rich mtn wma, Coopers creek wma, I always carried, or my pistol was beside my pillow, never had a problem while I was in camp, was fishing on Coopers creek one weekend and had my stove and lantern stolen from my camp while I was on the stream, I should have known better, I had relatives in Blairsville, I knew what kind of locals frequented Mulky Gap rd

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Couple buddies of mine went and watched "The Creature From Black Lake" when they were teenagers, then went camping that night. One of them said they were sitting there on the lakebank all wound up jumping at every little sound, and when a beaver slapped its tail on the water, they all went hightailing it for the truck. :bounce:
Only one ever got to me.. we were on a dive trip in the Caymans and while decompressing we all watched Jaws 3-D. :waggingfinger: 3 hours later we were running a map course to a sunk'n tugboat close to "The Wall" (drops from about 40 feet to over 2000 feet deep) when all of a sudden this huge white and gray "object" came up over the wall and "swam" right at us! We're all grab'n knives and look'n for some place to "run" when "it" turned side ways and there a couple dozen folks wave'n at us from the windows of the submarine. facepalm:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Only one ever got to me.. we were on a dive trip in the Caymans and while decompressing we all watched Jaws 3-D. :waggingfinger: 3 hours later we were running a map course to a sunk'n tugboat close to "The Wall" (drops from about 40 feet to over 2000 feet deep) when all of a sudden this huge white and gray "object" came up over the wall and "swam" right at us! We're all grab'n knives and look'n for some place to "run" when "it" turned side ways and there a couple dozen folks wave'n at us from the windows of the submarine. facepalm:
My wife said she went and watched the original Jaws when she was a kid with her brothers and sisters. They went to the Outer Banks camping for a week on the beach the next day. She said she never even stuck her toe in the water all week. :)

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
My wife said she went and watched the original Jaws when she was a kid with her brothers and sisters. They went to the Outer Banks camping for a week on the beach the next day. She said she never even stuck her toe in the water all week. :)
Jaws ruined me as a kid. My idiot brother Terry just had to see it so my parents took him and me at 4 years old to see it. Nearly scarred me for life. It took years to get me back in the ocean.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
When me and little brother saw it (theaters didn't care how old you were as long as you had a dollar.. we were 10 & 8) .. we hid in the floorboard of Mom's station wagon when we crossed Nose's Creek on the way home. :rofl:

transfixer

I was probably 12 or 13 when I saw that movie in the theater, came outside afterwards and it had been raining,, I walked "around" a puddle of water ! lol

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I was probably 12 or 13 when I saw that movie in the theater, came outside afterwards and it had been raining,, I walked "around" a puddle of water ! lol
Peter Benchley didn't have a clue what he was gonna end up do'n to psyche of the youth when he wrote that book.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yep, there isn't much I'm afraid of in this world, but sharks are one thing! lol
When I'm under water (and not spearfish'n) I don't have a care in the world for sharks (cudas I have a extreme respect for) ... BUT, you'll never see me on top of the water any longer than it takes for me to get in the boat.