Cuttin Boars...

dbodkin

I seen my GrandDaddy do it on his farm...but never seen anybody castrate feral hogs. You fellas doing the trapping do you just kill them or are you cuttin & releasing boars?

gabowman

An guy I work with cuts the boars he catches. He tells me they grow much much faster after being cut.

GB

Timberman

Been awhile since I lived in hog country but when I did...we'd catch boars and cut em then cut off their tail and part of their ear so you'd know the next time you saw them that they was a bar. The little cap you cut off when you do the deed makes a nice gearshift handle cover... :bounce:

Handgunner

The little cap you cut off when you do the deed makes a nice gearshift handle cover...

Only in the south! :D

DanSmith

Banned
. The little cap you cut off when you do the deed makes a nice gearshift handle cover... :bounce:[/QUOTE]
That will be a thing that I think about while sittin in the stand .. A scrotum shifter knob :speechles

matthewsman

they still cut'em?

seems like you could zip tie'm or something and they'd come off.I thought they used to do something like that to put on the lbs commercially

Sandman619

Yea I still cut em I got a platform about half way up my big trap so I can walk up and down and rope the smaller ones out and cut them and mark them .

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Not for the faint of heart ( warning )

DON'T slice them hogs !!!!

Slicing them , bleeds them real bad and can cause death plus major infection which can work itself into the hogs bloodstream

You can band them , but that is difficult with a squirming pig

Spread the boys out with your fingers ( using a new razor ) make a slit along the center of the sack , just enough to expose the interior ( the quicker , the better ) work the boys you of the incision between your fingers and use the razor to scrape cut the attached parts ( this will cause minimal bleeding ) spray the area with ??? Ah dang ???? That blue spray you can get at your local feed store , and turn that hog loose , His secondary characteristics will set in and he'll grow to a hog of you dreams

hawg dawg

hog removal

if anybody wants to git some of these hogs off your land,contact me and i will be glad to come down after deer season and catch some.my home number is 770-358-9165.

hunterclaus

DON'T slice them hogs !!!!

Slicing them , bleeds them real bad and can cause death plus major infection which can work itself into the hogs bloodstream

You can band them , but that is difficult with a squirming pig

Spread the boys out with your fingers ( using a new razor ) make a slit along the center of the sack , just enough to expose the interior ( the quicker , the better ) work the boys you of the incision between your fingers and use the razor to scrape cut the attached parts ( this will cause minimal bleeding ) spray the area with ??? Ah dang ???? That blue spray you can get at your local feed store , and turn that hog loose , His secondary characteristics will set in and he'll grow to a hog of you dreams

This seems the best answer so far on how to.

HOGDOG76

don't slice them hogs !!!!

you can band them , but that is difficult with a squirming pig

spread the boys out with your fingers ( using a new razor ) make a slit along the center of the sack , just enough to expose the interior ( the quicker , the better ) work the boys you of the incision between your fingers and use the razor to scrape cut the attached parts ( this will cause minimal bleeding ) spray the area with ??? Ah dang ???? That blue spray you can get at your local feed store , and turn that hog loose , his secondary characteristics will set in and he'll grow to a hog of you dreams
blukote

gnarlyone

cut

I've never saw a hog that had enough cod sack to put a band around...never cut the sac on the center or seam...cut the sac verticle twice and take out each seed idividually.

johnf

i was taught to cut from middle down on each side so it will drain. in other word the end of the cut is on bottom.

CAL

i was taught to cut from middle down on each side so it will drain. in other word the end of the cut is on bottom.

You are correct,no infection this way!

Feral hogs,I just kill them and bury them!Dang sure not going to turn one loose after catching them.:shoot:

gnarlyone

cut-n

Thats right johnf....the cut will end at the bottom so the sac doesn't hold fluid...I always cut according to the "sign'..makes a difference in how it bleeds and heals.

jigman29

We just grab one,squeeze,and cause them to pooch up then cut from about the halfway point down.With you squeezing them they will come partway out when cut which makes it easier to grab them.You do this with one side then the other but be sure to pull them out far enough to cut the cord leading to the testicle,I dont know if this matters but my grandpa said they wouldn't put on fat as good if you didn't.Just be sure to do one then the other don't try to do both at the same time.And from what I have seen on pigs in the pen if you use the blue spray they don't seem to have much trouble with infection.They just sull up and lay in the mud for a few days.LOL Oh and we use a razor knife like you cut carpet with,the sac on them things is so thick and tough it don't cut with a pocket knife as good.

GOTCHA

Banned
yes sir and after you cut it where it will not hold fluid i have seen people that we gonna keep them spray a little blue lotion spray or some antibiotic ointment on them and let them ride.

GOTCHA

Banned
i mean a hog is pretty tough with a pretty good immune system. i have seen them live without ears and with bullets or arrowheads in them