Snakes a'crawlin'.....

Anyone else noticed that?

I killed one a couple of weeks ago in the neighbors' back yard....

Her Hubby was on shift.

I did one yesterday on the side of a county road.....

It'uz headed my way, and only 'bout a mile straight line from my home...... AND headed my way......

Canebreak.... or timber rattler.... depends on where you come from in Jawja.......

I stand 72 and a quarter inches tall.....

It 'uz about as long as I am tall.

Fourteen rattles, and a button.

I felt bad, but I HAD to kill the snake.

Robin

MudDucker

Staff member
A friend of mine had three dogs hit by 2 rattlers this weekend. They be a moving.

Hey, Y'all....

Ain't been on in ah-while.....

Haven't killed any more snakes, but have seen two road-kill cane-breaks in the last couple of weeks, 'bout four foot long on the roads leading in here. Rattles had been taken...

They're crawling in McIntosh County.....

And gun season opens this weekend....

I'm ah-gonna HATE walking in before daylight....

Robin

onemilmhz

That's a nice canebrake there. Would make a nice mount.

chriswolfe68

My wife called me from her cell phone the other day, just after her and the kids left the house going to town. She said she had just ran over a rattler just a few yards from our driveway. How does she know it was a rattler you ask? Well, she backed up to where she ran it over, opened the door to look and guess what, it was still moving, she only grazed it at first. She then ran over it several more times and then called me to dispose of it. It was still moving a bit, just a reaction as the head was crushed, but still an interesting sight. Have noticed more snakes this year than in the three we have been at our current residence.

Big L

i saw one last saturday on sinclair coiled up on a dock and the temp was 50 degrees. i didnt think snakes came out in the cold. WRONG they do!!!

Guess they get cabin fever after being holed up most of the winter--come out for a little fresh air! (Had a bird dog bit mid-morning on January 1 many years ago; had been hard frost early that morning.) One fang in chest, other grazed without puncture--bite was an ugly thing-- tissue necrosis, loss of stamina, young dog died the next season with pneumonia, always felt due to general weakening from the bite. Took me 3 weeks, but got him, or the only one I could find in the vicinity---judge, jury and executioner. :shoot:
About time for them to stir regular--y'all be careful out there.