omg armadillos

ok i know by telling this story where this is going to go but i have to ask. this weekend me and a few friends decided to voyage down to west point lake and my house on white water access for a little cat-fishing off the bank this weekend. well after the rain began and continued it turned into a beerfest. well at about 3am i decided to venture out to the truck to grab a bottle of jager out of the cooler. well as i took about 3 steps of the porch i heard a rustle and ( you can tell when somthing is moving on at a fast pace ) come from under the porch. i screamed a loud obsenity like a small 10 year old girl and jetted up the hill looking back to see two armadillos on each others hills chasing right after me. needless to say thank the good lord i drove the old s-10 gas saver because for the first time in history a 390lb man looked like carl lewis in the olympic hurdle leap and land flat footed in the bed of the truck!!!!!! my question is when did these things become agressive and can you shoot them. they literally were nipping at the tires trying to get after me. i reached through the sliding glass to get my 25 automatic pistol out of the pouch in the back of the seats. my buddy and two ladies are on the porch laughing hysterically by this point trying not to fall off the porch. and he screams don't shoot it will ricochet. IS THIS TRUE!..... i know anyone who knows me will find this funny but again just to let you picture a 390 lb 32 year old man in boxers and socks only in the back of a 2001 s-10 pickup with it pouring down rain, holding a liquor bottle in one hand and a pistol in the other with two 5lb creatures holding him hostage.... goodtimes! i guess!!! :biggrin2::rofl:

Last edited:
R

redneckcamo

what a story !!

the mental picture that this story gives is hilarious !:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I seriously doubt it woulda ricochetd ... if you have ever seen a dillo skelton ....its just a plate of thin bones with hide stretched over an between them and you woulda popped a hole rite thru their little carcasses ...... but iffin you was tipsy maybe its good you didnt try !!!
an as far as killin em .... its a favor too all of us !!!

ponyboy

if ya got two ladies on the porch and your down to your boxers n socks , what are you doin runnin to the truck ?:crazy:

GONoob

Here is my experience with armadillos last week. We were 2-3 ft away from it lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eI9I5aV-itc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eI9I5aV-itc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well i was technically runnin to the truck to help loose the boxers and socks. but i just never seen anything like that get agressive they must have young around or thought i was in there terriority. either way just as a lesson don't EVER turn your back on a possum in a hard shell!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Man, I hope all the good stuff didn't get used up before you got back in the house. After all that you probably needed another hit.

SHMELTON

Banned
We had a couple run in our campsite at West Point wma, they were looking for food I guess. Needless to say they lost there lives to an old 9 iron that was in the back of the truck that night. They eat turkey eggs, so they don't get past me.

Outdooralm

Kill them all

Shoot them those stupid things have ruined a few deer hunts of mine. The only thing that's going to ricochet is blood and guts.
Please shot one for me ::;

j_seph

well i was technically runnin to the truck to help loose the boxers and socks. but i just never seen anything like that get agressive they must have young around or thought i was in there terriority. either way just as a lesson don't EVER turn your back on a possum in a hard shell!
Maybe they just thought you were drunk and easy:bounce:

T_Fish

i never had my 300 ultra mag ricochet,,, i have seen a few explode like water ballons

olchevy

Here is what we are given
1)You were drunk
2)you were in the bed of our truck
3) they were nipping at your tires
4) You drunk and all, wanted to shoot them

Given all of this more than likely the bullet would have ricocheted, because you would have missed and shot your bumper! or possibly shot your tires out.....if only you had stayed in the house with those girls....

chase870

Possum Sox
They didnt get a armor upgrade so any gun works fine. A 2 oz turky load at 15 feet is devastating to them

390 lbs going over the bed of a truck in boxers,socks, and a bottle. Sounds like you should've stayed in the house.

KDarsey

Maybe that stripper that you didn't buy the car for sent them after you.:bounce:

no no..i shoot armadillos all the time with my .22 and it shoots right through their shell. If you don't shoot them right they will run off, so you have to shoot them right to kill them on the spot.

Latest posts